Hi, I’m Lester, a professional Cantonese and Chinese teacher offering effective lessons for fluent and natural Cantonese communication. I'm a native Cantonese speaker in Hong Kong with wide experiences of teaching Cantonese and Chinese Language from adults to kids and from foreigners to local students. I've studied Chinese Language and Phonology (including Cantonese Phonics) in the University of Hong Kong and am highly proficient in Cantonese with the most clear and accurate pronunciation.
I enjoy conducting classes as fun exercises with daily examples, which gives interesting and fruitful learning experiences to students.
1. Cantonese as a Chinese dialect
2. Cantonese phonics: consonant, vowel and tone
3. Basic vocabulary: people, feeling, numbers, campus, work, eating and drinking, recreation, time and places, body parts, clothing, shopping, weather, common adjectives and adverbs, slangs
4. Tenses: continuous tense, future tense, perfect tense
5. Sentence structures
6. Expressions for greeting, daily life, study, work, dating, shopping, dining, telephone conversation, etc.
7. Dialogues practice
8. Reading and writing simple Chinese characters
9. Chinese Culture (optional)
- Traditional thought: Confucianism, Daoism, Buddhism
- Topics in Chinese Philosophy: Human Nature, Virtue Ethics, Political Thought
- Chinese Deities, Mythology and Religions
(Topics will be modified according to students’ need and interest.)
You'll learn to speak Cantonese accurately and naturally – an important thing is that you spend effort to revise what you have learnt after each lesson (about 15 mins each week).
Class Info :
Private class for various levels available at a time and venue convenient to both the students and the teacher, probably your office, home, or a cafe near an MTR Station.
HKD 380 / 1 hr-lesson
For each additional student, HKD 120 / 1 hr-lesson
[100% Effectiveness Guarantee: For the first lesson, should you not find it suit you well or highly effective for your learning, it’d be free-of-charge with my handouts as a gift.]
Education Background & Qualification :
I have studied Chinese Language and Literature including Cantonese Phonics in the University of Hong Kong. I have obtained an MPhil at the City University of Hong Kong as well.
Teaching Experiences :
I have lectured on Chinese Language and Cantonese Phonics at a community college for three years. Then I have taught Chinese Language classes to local students and offered private tutoring service on Cantonese and Chinese writing for foreigners from 2010.
Youth Literary Awards Association
The 38th Youth Literary Awards
- Champion, Translation Section (Nov 2011)
Offered academic opinions on Chinese phonology to South China Morning Post, regarding a global language research.
Language Skill :
Cantonese, Mandarin, written Chinese, English
Course Website :
If you want to learn Cantonese well, please feel free to contact me at 9808 6108 (tel/SMS/Whatsapp). I am happy to provide tuition at a time and venue convenient to you (Hong Kong Island/ Kowloon/ New Territories).