I teach, coach, and look after special needs children in their homes.
Looking for a professional who can spend quality time with your special needs child at home? With a degree in Psychology, Masters in Public Health, and Post-graduate qualifications in play therapy, I serve families who look to offer continuous training and support for their special needs children in the natural settings of their homes. My clients have called me "A Super Nanny" yet, they would all agree that I am much more. I consider myself a companion, a coach, and a cheerleader to special needs children. Some of my clients have had one, or more, special educational needs, including autism spectrum disorder, giftedness, AD/HD, dyslexia, developmental delays, and so on.
I am warm, loving and sensitive to children and adolecents' social and emotional needs. I have over 5-years of experience in developing an alliance with my clients and their caretakers to do the following:
- Respect and cherish the child as she/he is;
- Develop a warm, loving, relationship with the child;
- Identify areas of needs and come up with innovative ways to meet those needs;
- Establish routines and boundaries as necessary;
- Improve the child's emotional literacy, self-care and life skills, school-readines, social-skills, and self-esteem;
- Attend clinic visits, cross-disciplinary meetings and parent-teacher meetings;
- Achieve goals identified in Individual Educational Plans;
- Liaise between speech therapists, occupational therapists, psychologists, physical therapists, and other health professionals to align various therapy goals and integrate them into the home setting;
- Coach parents, and domestic helpers, in the daily care and nurturing of the child; and
- Reduce parenting stress and improve parent-child relationship.
I provide the much needed continuity of support that many of my clients lack outside of school, clinics and training centers. I have helped children with morning routines on school days, be their social-skills coach during play dates and birthday parties. I have taken my clients on fieldtrips and teach them lifeskills such as navigating the public transport system, how to keep themselve safe in public, and braoden their range of interests. For my older clients, I have coach them in time-management, study-skills and help them identify their areas of strengths and weaknesses when deciding on the course of study most suitable for them. I strive to nurture my client's inner drive, such that they become self-motivated in their learning, proud of their accomplishment, and confident in their capacity.
My clients make drastic progress in their self-awareness and behaviors when there is a professional bonding and helping them in their homes. Everyday becomes a form of training, and therapy, with the flexibility to bring learning into the community, making the experience more relevant and memorable. Under such intensively nurturing environment, I have witness many special needs children grow and flourish into confident, capable and wholesome individuals.
If you are a parent who seeks an alliance in helping your unique child, CALL or WATSAPP Miss Christy at 94800166, or email [email protected] for a free consultation and more testimonials. I will be happy to hear your child's story and discuss about the most appropriate means of support for him or her.
I look forward to meeting you and your child :)