Tung Chung (Seaview Cres/ Carib.Coast) vs Park Island

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Thanks ALL; especially to Bloggs for your views on TC and big thanks to Mimi for her input on PI. I can see advantages/disadvantages of both for what I want - the decision is going to be difficult. I guess, I should come up for a weekend and make up my own mind between Seaview Cres and PI.

Once again, please correct me if I am wrong/add anything I have missed:

PI
    - closer to Tsuen Wan
    - resort like, quieter (no cars)
    - a bit more expensive
    - lacks shopping facilities/good supermarket/many restaurants
    - can be under the flight path

TC (Seaview Cres)
    - longer commute to TW and Central
    - cheaper
    - better shopping and other facilities
    - close to MTR

Wouldn't TC be a quick commute to Central, albeit expensive, if you took the airport express?

Smile

Airport express trains run every 12 minutes from Hong Kong (Central station) - Airport. The fare: One Day Return Ticket HK$100
    Round Trip Ticket HK$180. Travelling time is 24 mins

Tung Chung Line run every 7 mins (the train run frequently in rush hour) from Tung Chung to Central. The fare: Octopus HK$ 20.1 One way ticket HK$ 23. Travelling time is around half an hour.

Anyway, I think Tung Chung line is good enough. Tung Chung Line and Airport Express line are just like several mins difference. But the fare is so different.

Also, there is a bus route E31 from Tung Chung to Tsuen Wan directly. The fare is around 10 bucks

Last edited by survivorbee; 21-07-2006 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kasumen:
    Sunniefaith, I find you always giving advice to others, very helpful!

Blogg, you are so informative!

Let's keep ourselves updated all the time.
    Thanks Kasumen,

So what have you decided? Moving to Park Island?

sunniefaith...

well, I am hoping to move to HK in late Sept/early October.

It is a really tough decision. The good news is that i have narrowed it down to

Seaview Crescent TC versus PI

(eliminated Tsuen Wan,DB and Caribbean Coast)

I might burn some air miles and come up to Hongkong on a long weekend; perhaps stay at the new Novotel in TC and do some scouting. PI scores better on my travel times to/from Tsuen Wan (well, its 30+ mins by MTR from TC to TW, I trust the ferry is quicker from PI to TW) and I like the fact that it has no cars and ferry rides to/from work. I would def. want a sea/bridge view on PI ; but the flats there are on average 1-2K more.

Bloggs has, however, put forward 2 advantages: cheaper rents, better facilities incl good supermarket and mall and not so long commuting times.

Both score well on club facilities and quality of build.

Euroaussie,

Yes, at the end of the day, we're all just expressing our opinions, and different things suit different people, of course. I think it would be a very good idea if you can afford the time / airmiles to come and have a look; try the transport links, clubhouses etc. The new Novotel is supposed to be quite nice, and reasonable value (I had a friend staying there recently).

By the way, there are 4 main complexes at TC - the oldest, Tung Chung Crescent, Seaview Crescent (the smallest), Coastal Skyline and Caribbean / Carmel Coast. I'd look at sample flats in all of them if I were you.

Glad to have been of help, best of luck with your plans,

Bloggs

Just want to give a quick opinion. I have just moved to Seaview Crescent 2 weeks ago and I am loving it. Yes... It takes time to go to work, but after a while, you won't feel it. Also, Found small park outside seaview crescent where have 2 outdoor basketball court and small footbal field... and I think they are free to use. Now trying to find out whether we can have a bbq party....

The supermarket in CityGate is very nice and they are open until 11pm and they are big..... You can almost find anything there and if you are hungry at 10:00pm, i just got out and walk around 5 minute to get it.

Also I found a big Pacific coffee where there are plenty couches which is nice.

To make thing short, I don't regret choosing Tung Chung.

Anton

Red face

[QUOTE=euroaussie]sunniefaith...

well, I am hoping to move to HK in late Sept/early October.

It is a really tough decision. The good news is that i have narrowed it down to

Seaview Crescent TC versus PI......

Euroaussie,

Let me know what you decide. I chose to move to PI because I'll be working there. Went there and somewhat like the place. And a bonus for me, there's a spa too. I'll be moving in in mid Aug. Hope I'll see you soon.

Hi EuroAussie

Here is some infos on the buses from Tung Chung to Tsuen Wan:

http://www.kmb.hk/english.php?

enter N31 and E31 into the route search field for details.

We've been in Carmel Cove/Carib coast for nearly 2 months and we really like it. We have a 2 bed flat facing the mountains, about 700 sqf and we pay 6.5K.

Anyway, compared to Tung Chung Cres these are the minuses of Carib Coast, according to me:

- Still a lot of construction works ongoing, which may cause occasional noise such as drilling and banging;
    - Shuttle bus to Tung Chung MTR adds 10-15 mins to commuting time (however one of the buses to Tsuen Wan stops at Carib Coast)

The pluses:

- Very nice sports facilities, check it out for yourself at http://www.caribbeancoast.com.hk/main/open.html

- Apartments are new, at least in Carmel Cove.

- Shops and Restaurants downstairs are quite convenient although limited in choice.

Good luck,

Ste

Quote Originally Posted by sunniefaith:
    Thanks Kasumen,

So what have you decided? Moving to Park Island?
    Hi Sunniefaith,

I have some challenges in getting the right package. Will see how it goes, should be finalised next week. Anyway, I think I need to visit those properties before I could make the decision.

Where do you work?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast