Tung Chung (Seaview Cres/ Carib.Coast) vs Park Island

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by kasumen:
    Hi Sunniefaith,

I have some challenges in getting the right package. Will see how it goes, should be finalised next week. Anyway, I think I need to visit those properties before I could make the decision.

Where do you work?
    Check your pm...

more PI info

ok, i got some questions from euroaussie by PM... trying now to answer them as detailed as possible:

1. are the flats solid/ well built..
    yes they are in very good quality. as the estate is very new (many flats are just 1 year old), everything is in very good condition. you may even find some appartments no one has ever lived in before. like mine..it is also totally new... ;-)

2. any chance of A view of bridge/water for around max 8,000
    yes there is a chance, especially when u dont want to live on the highest floors. i live on the 30th floor, view to the beautiful bridge, around 700 sq and pay 8000. honestly, we got a really good deal, all the other flats around us (same floor) cost more, around 8500. but i can give u my property agent's number. he is really good.

3. can you add club membership to the rent or is it separate (I get a housing benefit)
    u dont need to buy any club membership. as soon as u are a resident, u are automatically also club member. u only need to pay for some facilities, like the pools (in the moment we have 3, 1-2 more to come) its 10HK$.

4. Im a swimmer (not into the gym much..vant be bothered really) so is the pool big enough and crowded
    YES, the pool IS big eough ;-) its the official size of a sports pool and its indoor. additional, we have 1 more big outdoor, also very nice with palms, waterfall and view to the beach and the bridge. then we have another one indoor, mainly for families and kids for playing. there are rite now building another big outdoor one, but i dunno when it will be finished.
    the pools are not really crowded, except of sunny weekends. but there is still the beach to go ;-) beach isnt crowded at all. so i usually prefer to go to the beach during the weekends. (its about 4mins from my appartment) and to the pool at weekdays.

5. is there a nice supermarket there with some western food
    yes, we have one smaller size parknshop, with an additional 24hrs parknshop, 2x 7/11-shops, 2 bakeries and around 10 restaurants. there are also on both shuttlebus stops (tsing yi and kwai fong) a super parknshop. so its reall convinient to bring the food home.
    furthermore (many ppl dont know that yet), they are rite now building a small shopping mall. there will be more restaurants and as i guess also another supermarket soon ;-)

6. is the ferry to Tsuen Wan regular and expensive (ca i use the octopu scard)
    yes, the ferry is regular, around every 10mins during peak hours and around every 15-30 mins during off-peak hours 24hours service. the same for central. it takes around 10mins to take the ferry to tsuen wan.
    as i remember, it costs arond 5-6 dollars...
    you can use the octopus cards on all transportations, shuttle bus and ferry. when u become a resident, u can register ur octopus card and get a lower fare for both, bus and ferry. bus and ferry operate 24hours.

so.... thats it. i hope i could help you.

hope to see you on PI soon ;-)
    sandra

Last edited by pumi23; 22-07-2006 at 04:15 PM.

Red face

Sandra,

Thanks so much for posting those answers up. You have been really helpful. Allayed a lot of my doubts. Feeling heaps better now that I know there's quite a number of restaurants and also a supermarket to get stuff.

I am also in the same situation, moving to HK end of August and considering both PI and Tung Chung. I have read through a majority of the info posted and it is very informative. Thanks to all the posters.

I have an allowance of 20,000 p/m for accomm and was originally looking at Discovery Bay (still a possibility) but from reading through the posts it seems I may be able to get a bigger place in either Carib. Coast / Seaview or Park Island. My wife and 3 month old son will be moving with me so the environment and size of the apartment is a big factor in the decision.

Can anyone help out by letting me know what size apartment in either locations I can expect for this budget?

Nic

Hi Nicb. In Carib Coast we were shown the biggest apartment type (type A: 3 beds, 2 bathrooms, about 1200 sq. ft, sea view) and, at least a few months ago, they wanted something like 15-16K HKD, all furnished. I would imagine that with 20K you can get the biggest flats available, in both Carib Coast or Tung Chung Cres. However DB and PI are nicer for kids and families generally, or so I'm told. Only way is to check them out... good luck!

hey sunniefaith, im happy that i could help you ;-)
    lets have some nice bbq with some expats together later

hi nicb, 20,000 is quite a big budget for PI... i know the biggest appartments are around 1400 sqf and cost around 14,000-15,000 (depends on which phase and which floor). if you would like to use up the whole budget, then you better look for some double-appartments, that means 2 appartments connected together (therefore double space --> 2000-2800 sqf). i dunno the prices for them though...
    PI is great for kids.... they have lots of space her for playing outside, and lots of playgrounds, and facilities in the clubhouse.

sandra

Red face

[QUOTE=pumi23]hey sunniefaith, im happy that i could help you ;-)
    lets have some nice bbq with some expats together later

Sandra,

That'll be a great idea. I'll be getting in prob in mid Aug. Looking forward to the move. Oh yes, 1 quick question, I noticed that there's a laundry shop on PI. Do you know if they're expensive. I need someone to iron my clothes. I'm hopeless at it and I can't be going to work with crumpled clothes.

sunniefaith, there is a new laundry service shop just opened here. i dunno their prices, but i saw its not that expensive.

as i remember there is another laundry service shop in one of the village houses... but never tried them..

Red face

Thanks Sandra. I'll be looking out for the one at the village. Hopefully, the one at the village would be cheaper. Thanks once again.

yes usually they are... there are also some hair salons.... i never had a cheaper haircut and colour than there.... 290 HK$

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast