Discovery Bay Plaza - the facelift - Wow !!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by texasaxel:
    It appears to me that in many of DB's restaurants, wait staff is not assigned to look after a dedicated set of tables and with everyone responsible for all tables ultimately no one is. Far too often I encounter wait staff walking straight past my table, eyes to the floor or the sky, making them oblivious to my hand signals. On more than one occassion, items ordered were forgotten or delivered only after repeated reminders. To me these are issues that a little training can easily overcome as I have previously explained to the manager of one DB venue with - at that time - particularly troublesome service.
    is that why mcsoreleys is always empty now!!

Is there a Fish and Chips eatery in DB? I thought I saw one last time I was there, about two weeks ago. Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by clip_my_wings:
    is that why mcsoreleys is always empty now!!
    For my not so flattering review of McSorley's refer to this thread, post #38:

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/any-go...3.html?t=11513

Quote Originally Posted by redwriter:
    Is there a Fish and Chips eatery in DB? I thought I saw one last time I was there, about two weeks ago. Just wondering.
    Mc Sorley's serves two types of fish and chips: sole and cod. Today's 'Good eating' section in the SCMP lists their fish and chips as a 'turn-off' though.

Ebeneezer has fish and chips too, for half the price of McSorleys.
    We went back to McSorleys last week for their curry buffet (every Wednesday). Service has definitely improved, there is a new manager, a decent wine list by the glass and the curries were fingerlicking good...