Like Tree12Likes

Tung Chung Advice

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Question Tung Chung Advice

Hi everyone! I already posted this in the moving to HK forum because I hadn't seen this one!!

I know some people have asked for advice about living in Tung Chung in the past but since there aren't any "recent" threads, I thought I would start a new one as things change very quickly in HK!!

I'm considering moving to Tung Chung and I've already visited a few flats which I liked but I have some questions which the estate agents can't really answer and I wasn't able to see for myself (agents don't have access to the clubhouses).

I'm looking at Tung Chung Crescent, Seaview Crescent, Coastal Skyline and Caribbean Coast.

Here are the questions I have:

1. What are the clubhouses like? Specifically: how many pools are there and are they open all year round? Is the equipment in the gym of good standard? How crowded do the facilities get?

2. How noisy is it living there? Do you hear planes, boats? Are the walls between the flats thick or can you hear everything your neighbours say/do?

3. How convenient is it to shop for groceries? I know that there is a Taste in Citygate and I think there are also some shops under Caribbean Coast but I haven't seen them yet! What is the variety of products like? Can you find a good mix of Asian and Western food products?

4. For Carib.Coast, how reliable and frequent is the shuttle bus to the MTR? I will be travelling outside of peak times so will I still be able to use the shuttle? If I were to walk to the MTR how long would it take if I walked at a relatively slow pace?

Any other comments you want to share are greatly appreciated! Thanks...

1.What are the clubhouses like? Specifically: how many pools are there and are they open all year round? Is the equipment in the gym of good standard? How crowded do the facilities get?

Crowded. Indoor pool for CS and CC open all year round. Outdoor pools close Nov to April. All estates. No indoor pool for SVC. Gyms have good equipment, take your wiping towel for the sweaty eauipment.

2.How noisy is it living there? Do you hear planes, boats? Are the walls between the flats thick or can you hear everything your neighbours say/do?

Facing the sea you'll hear take off and landing noises. Noisiest when 25R and 7L are used. Boat noise is minimal, onliy light launches and the occasional fishing boat.

3.How convenient is it to shop for groceries? I know that there is a Taste in Citygate and I think there are also some shops under Caribbean Coast but I haven't seen them yet! What is the variety of products like? Can you find a good mix of Asian and Western food products?

Taste is good for groceries. Well stocked, plentiful selection and large. I find lacking in some Japanese and Western foods I sometime crave, but they can be shopped for in CitySuper or Great. Get your live seafood at the wet markets.

4.For Carib.Coast, how reliable and frequent is the shuttle bus to the MTR? I will be travelling outside of peak times so will I still be able to use the shuttle? If I were to walk to the MTR how long would it take if I walked at a relatively slow pace?

THe shuttle is reliable and frequent. The only downside was the death of a 30' something mother of a 2 year old daughter caused by the coach drivers racing each other. Oh, plus they were an unclicensed operator back then. Now, they have changed operators and apparently they are licensed now.

Forget walking from CC, it'll take you at least 20 mins.

All in, I have a dislike for CC. It's the cheapest of the north TC estates and attract the same clientele. They also allow dogs, which makes it a really messy and noisy place.

Good luck.

Joseph098765 likes this.

Oh my... I sent you a pm for more info. Thanks!

We are in Coastal Skyline and I never feel the outdoor pool gets crowded but the indoor pool does.
    My daughters regularly swim laps in the indoor pool but OFTEN have to contend with kids playing in the lap lane or people swimming across the pool etc. The lifeguards never say anything to the other people even though lanes are roped off for laps. We sometimes tell kids to stay out but not a lot of notice is taken. Very Frustrating.

We are on a high floor of CS and dont get much noise. We do get a little plane noise but dont mind it at all and we love watching sunset over the airport!

Shopping is good at TAste and my big weekly shop is delivered. For smaller shops Welcome and International at CC is quicker and easy also. We buy a mix of local and international and use the wet market also (in Fu Tung).

Gym at CS is generally good. Equipment occasionally waits for repairs but there is really something to suit everyone. Bowling alley is fun and cheap, also table tennis, squash, basketball courts,a small library(mostly chinese), BBQ area,tennis courts, Karaoke rooms etc. We are very happy with it.
    Good Luck.

Last edited by Tung Chung mum; 30-07-2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: forgot tennis courts!
    Joseph098765 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tung Chung mum:
    We are in Coastal Skyline and I never feel the outdoor pool gets crowded but the indoor pool does.
    My daughters regularly swim laps in the indoor pool but OFTEN have to contend with kids playing in the lap lane or people swimming across the pool etc. The lifeguards never say anything to the other people even though lanes are roped off for laps. We sometimes tell kids to stay out but not a lot of notice is taken. Very Frustrating.

We are on a high floor of CS and dont get much noise. We do get a little plane noise but dont mind it at all and we love watching sunset over the airport!

Shopping is good at TAste and my big weekly shop is delivered. For smaller shops Welcome and International at CC is quicker and easy also. We buy a mix of local and international and use the wet market also (in Fu Tung).

Gym at CS is generally good. Equipment occasionally waits for repairs but there is really something to suit everyone. Bowling alley is fun and cheap, also table tennis, squash, basketball courts,a small library(mostly chinese), BBQ area,tennis courts, Karaoke rooms etc. We are very happy with it.
    Good Luck.
    Thanks for your input. Are you bothered at all by the construction in front of phase1 CC? I'm a student and will need a calm environment to do my reading and writing during the day.

Sometimes we hear thudding (pole driving) but generally the work is not an issue for us.

Have you chosen?

Still not! I'm having a hard time choosing because I really like the CC clubhouse but the construction work worries me a bit since I have to study during the day time.
    I saw a really nice flat in SVC. Do you reckon there's a way to get access to the CC clubhouse? Is it possible to buy access from someone?

Wink Tung Chung Advice

I've been living in Tung Chung over 10 years and I am very familiar with this area.

Tung Chung is a gd place to live because you can often see the blue sky and white clouds and the residents will not hear the plane because the plane fly towards to Tsing Yi and Tsuen Wan. I enjoy the view and living area.

Carribbean Coast is far way from MTR station but the shuttle bus service frequently from 6 - 12:30pm. If the peak hours come, the bus service 5 mins a bus. Sometimes, I want to take a walk from my apartment to MTR station which takes around 20 mins.

Carribean Coast has so many facilities,such as indoor and outdoor swimming pool,barbeque area. tennis, bowling. I don't feel crowded because there are indoor & outdoor in Phase 1 and Phase 2 clubhouse.

There is a taste supermarket in citygate. If you dun wanna get so far, you could go to parkn' shop in Carribean coast supermarket.

I hope that this feedback can help you.

Joseph098765 likes this.

Thanks Mandy, I do really like CC but the problem is that I can't afford the sea view apartments and I don't really like facing the mountain. I found a nice flat in SVC but I really want to use the CC clubhouse. Do you think it's possible to do that?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast