DB losing bus services

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DB losing bus services

Just read in the newspaper where DB will lose its bus services. This means the only way in and out of DB is by ferry boat. Will any of you now living in DB plan on leaving?

Does this include the bus service to the Airport / Tung Chung? (Not been on it .. but have friends who routinely say .. "i'll take the bus and meet you at the airport".

Doe's that mean property value will drop due to an increase in inconveniance ?

I think the report might not be correct. What is happening is that the internal hire car service (taxi's so to speak) are being discontinued because of a complaint to the Transport Department. All the bus services are not affected.

i was gonna say, that seems a bit not logical if they were to cancel the bus services on DB... not eveyone has golf carts and there are some elderly that live there that don't live so close to the pier.. that wouldn't be able to walk all over the place.

Luckily my grandma lives with my mom right by the pier..

According to the SCMP it's a minibus service thats being discontinued due to a complaint by a resident. The other buses will still be running.

Basah is right. It is only the hire car service that is about to be discontinued. The bus services between villages and plaza as well as to the airport, Tung Chung and Sunny Bay will not be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    According to the SCMP it's a minibus service thats being discontinued due to a complaint by a resident. The other buses will still be running.

Did they find the snitch?

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    Did they find the snitch?
    Not yet but when they do they should offer them up to some deep dark village in the NT who still practice ancient sacrifices.

It was the hire cars that will be stopped. This is very bad for many people who depend on them. Bus service is not always reliable. For emergency, only way is hire cars. Now, if this service is stopped, the future of DB is questionable as a community. People living here will have no way to carry heavy items, get some where fast, and be able to connect with the outside world fast and safely. I am considering moving out of DB because I need reliable transportation. If you feel the same, share your comments with me.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast