Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By wtbhotia
  • 1 Post By dumbdonkey
  • 1 Post By MovingIn07

Thai/Malay restaurant by the harbor

Closed Thread

Thai/Malay restaurant by the harbor

Anyone been to the Thai/Malay restaurant by the harbor? Is it good? What about the price?

the harbour is massive, which side you talking about, which area. give precise details and ppl might be able to give you good advice

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    the harbour is massive, which side you talking about, which area. give precise details and ppl might be able to give you good advice
    Wow, was expecting an uber-rude response to that question (not because it was you wtb!)

I am talking about the pier at Tung Chung. Basically here is only a store there and I heard from someone there is a new Thai/malay restaurant there.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Wow, was expecting an uber-rude response to that question (not because it was you wtb!)
    I think today there has been a really concerted effort for us all to be seen as less hostile, vitriolic, picky, sarcastic, etc. (except JJ of course) so that we don't lose anyone else

Well tung chung doesn't even overlook the harbour so no wonder nobody knew where he was referring to! No - not tried it. Heard good things though.

bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by meechan:
    Anyone been to the Thai/Malay restaurant by the harbor? Is it good? What about the price?
    i personally avoid most 'cross-over' cuisines if possible at any harbour or bodies of water.
    the best cross-over cuisine is Donuts and Chinese food.

i am still questioning this 'fusion' cuisine. throwing in a shitake mushroom in my pasta is not Japanese / italian fusion cuisine.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

Just had my dinner at the pier. The restaurant's called 'Bay of Bengal'. They serve Thai & Malaysian cuisine. The food is good but the waiting time is long. Or maybe because I ordered seafood which take them a long time to prepare (not too many staff in the kitchen I can see). This is a good restaurant for you if you have time. And don't forget to bring some mosquito repellent.

We had a great lunch at this Thai/Malay/Singaporean place on Tuesday lunchtime in wan chai. There were nine of us and we didn't have a bad meal between us. It came to $68 per head for a starter, main and drink. I'd personally recommend the Singaporean seafood curry.

http://www.openrice.com/english/mobi...m?shopid=80913

Trendy Taste. Ignore the name!

Quote Originally Posted by meechan:
    It's not good, the price is not good. Go to Melody Thai, although that's not good either.