Enforcement of Carfree character at DB

Wink Enforcement of Carfree character at DB

Hi, i am a town planning student studying in the UK and i m currently working on a paper about carfree housing development.

I've got some questions here. I'd like to find out how's DB's carfree character actually being enforced.

1) Are there any clause included in the tenancy agreement specifying that residents at DB are not allowed to own a car?
    2) Or is this done purely through some sort of control at the DB tunnel entrance? If so, how does that work? Bollard? Manned checkpoint? Or special access cards for permitted vehicles?
    3) Someone mentioned parking cost at DB. Is that for the golf cart or under special circumstances people are allowed to own a car?
    4) As a DB resident, how do you find it living in a carfree community as such?

It would be much apprepriated if you could kindly offer your thoughts on the above. Thanks in advance,

Best regards,
    Mina

Last edited by minainrouge; 24-02-2008 at 06:07 AM.

Wink

1. No clauses in the tenancy agreement, but clearly mentioned in the rules implemented by City Management (Hong Kong Resort) of living in Discovery Bay. However, if you are a big shot in Hong Kong Resort different rules apply...
    2. The tunnel entrance to DB is a manned check point.
    3. Not sure about parking costs - there are no parking fees in DB to my knowledge. There are a few commercial vehicles in DB, maybe parking costs apply to them.
    4. I like it.

Talking

Many thanks, elle. That's very useful~~
    Nice to know ppl are enjoying a carfree lifestyle~

I must also say that I very much like the car free environment in DB. The place would definitely not be as nice if cars, taxis and more traffic was allowed.

Carfree is no problem except when transporting large packages and furniture. Bus service is very good and reliable. Ferry's are every 20 minutes. And the silence is golden.

Hi:
    I am a transportation systems student in Munich Germany.......Now a days i am also writing a paper on car free quarters......can u please help me in this regard......I will be highly appreciate your assistance......thanks

Hi Mina:
    I am a transportation systems student in Munich Germany.......Now a days i am also writing a paper on car free quarters......can u please help me in this regard......I will be highly appreciate your assistance......thanks