Easter Carnival Weekend

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Easter Carnival Weekend

Come on over to Discovery Bay this Saturday and Sunday for the Big Easter Egg Hunt on the Beach. The dates are 22-23 March, 2:00 pm onward. Lots of prizes and entertainment in the plaza.

Hmm, you sure do not know what went on last year. It's best to stay home and fire up the barbie.

Elle - now you've got us non-DB lot wondering. What could have happened in DB?

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Elle - now you've got us non-DB lot wondering. What could have happened in DB?
    Ok Shri, I tell you..... There were thousands of people last Easter - and the main public toilets broke down as they are only designed to meet the "demand" of the restaurants. The restaurants were not even nearly full - it was the intension of HKR to promote the Water Margin - but 7/11 and Parknshop were. The beach was closed for the residents, you had to purchase "tickets/entrance vouchers" to get your children onto the beach to dig for Easter Eggs. 1500 kiddies were digging - the stronger ones beat the smaller ones for the eggs...
    Hope it is better organized this year, there were huge complaints last year from residents and businesses reporting damaged properties and stolen bicycles.

So elle, will you take your kids this year, or stay home?

Quote Originally Posted by PerryCo:
    So elle, will you take your kids this year, or stay home?
    As I don't have kids and my husbands kids don't dig for Easter Eggs anymore we will fire up the barbie and invite some friends. The toddler of a friends of ours got badly beaten with a shovel last year from another kid. The beach was way too full to control anything there. I hope this year they organize it in some kind of age groups at least.

the toddler got beaten up just for an easter egg??? wow... and it's not even a football match where fans go after each other!

They do throw some great bashes in DB, like Halloween, Picnic in the Park, Valentines Day (the beach looked fantastic with all the candles) the flea markets, Mid Autumn Festival, New Years Eve at the Plaza as well as the Multi Cultural Festival. Last years Easter Bash was badly thought true and organized.

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    As I don't have kids and my husbands kids don't dig for Easter Eggs anymore we will fire up the barbie and invite some friends. The toddler of a friends of ours got badly beaten with a shovel last year from another kid. The beach was way too full to control anything there. I hope this year they organize it in some kind of age groups at least.
    i'm picturing the scene and trying hard not to find it funny as I'm sure it wasn't for the 'bruised kid'...but Im failing...sorry!

I can see the warning signs on DB beach for this year .."Beware, shovel wielding toddlers in area"

As if school bullying, mtr elbow and 10 meter seat dash weren't good enough for early childhood development in hk...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast