Drinking Water in Discovery Bay

Closed Thread

Drinking Water in Discovery Bay

This is a General Question concerning Drinking Tap Water in Hong Kong.

Do you boil water before drinking, or drink from the tap?
    Do you mostly use bottled water for drinking?

Can you mention where you live, and why you drink Hong Kong water, or don't drink it?

I am told the quality of drinking water in Hong Kong is good and safe, but many people refuse to believe that.

I am interested in your comments.

Last edited by PerryCo; 23-04-2008 at 10:36 AM.

Can we just refer you to the dozens of times we have discussed this here already? The "Similar Threads" below give you the links...

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Thank you. I am interested in comments from people living in Discovery Bay. Do you know the situation for DBay?

Perry, might be a good idea if you change your heading to: Drinking water in Discovery Bay.
    Otherwise, like PDLM has homed in on, the drinking water topic regarding Hong Kong has been debated many times before.

Cheers.

Last edited by Skyhook; 23-04-2008 at 10:52 AM.

Ah - OK - sorry - one of the problems of accessing the forums simply by using the "Get New" function is that which forum a thread is in doesn't really register with me.

But there's no doubt that the water as delivered to building in Hong Kong is up to world (UK, US, Aus) standards. Any problems that arise do so with the tanks and pipework within an individual building, so you can really only usefully ask this question at the building level. In my experience there is no correlation between how expensive a building is and how well the plumbing is maintained - I've had an expensive apartment where the water was tainted, particularly in summer, and a cheap one where it was absolutely fine.

Last edited by PDLM; 23-04-2008 at 11:20 AM.

The tap water in DB is the same as elsewhere in Hong Kong. The reservoir is not used anymore for for tap water (it was discontinued around 8 years ago).

elle, you live in DB, so do you or your family drink water from the taps without boiling? Management told me the water was safe to drink straight from the taps, but some other people disagreed. Which is it?

Yes we do and have done so for many years. We have a filter installed in the tap.

Thank you, elle, that was the kind of answer I was seeking. I hope more DBay'ers will post their answers. I also refused to boil the water, and drink from the tap (without filtering).