Live in DB and still own a car - possible?

Closed Thread

Question Live in DB and still own a car - possible?

Hi,

we are moving shortly to HK with two kids and me working in Central. My wife favours DB which in general is fine for e but somehow I would still love to have a car for the weekends. Any chance to have it parked somewhere nearby and get to it by bus?

Thanks!

Last edited by FUM; 03-05-2008 at 09:57 PM. Reason: typo

You can park your car at city gate car park in Tung Chung, thats about as close as you are going to get to DB thats easilly accessed by bus.

Not sure what the monthly parking rates there are, but its probably going to be somewhere between $1200 and $2000 per month, with a min of 3 months paid up front.

Some people here will argue against having a car, but to be honest, we have seen so much more of Hong Kong by having a car on the rare occasions we use it recreationally.

Visiting places like Brides Pools, Plover Cove, Tai Tong Lychee Valley, which as a family makes day trips a lot simpler, allowing you to carry things like deck chairs, esky or if you have young kidlets, strollers and everything you need for a pleasant day out.

Last edited by Skyhook; 03-05-2008 at 10:32 PM.

The parking at Citygate was $2100/month last July/August. I don't know what it is now, though.
    PS> I didn't pay 3 months up front. I only paid for 6 weeks as we were moving out of DB and only needed to park it there for that long.

Thanks for your fast replies,

really appreciated!

FUM

Carang,

Who do you have to speak to to arrange parking at Citygate? Do they have an office, what documentation do you require and do you have a phone no. for them?

Many thanks for your time,

Frunt

If I may suggest perhaps look at Sai Kung, Sham Tseng or other locations in the New Territories if you want to have a car. That way you can park the car outside your house and be able to get to it really easily instead of a bus to get to your car.

you just go to the counter in the office lobby (not the shopping centre). i think i had to provide my hkid, car registration and ???

sorry no number for you!

Thanks for the reply. I shall go and see them this week.