Moving from Mid Levels to Discovery Bay

Closed Thread

Smile Moving from Mid Levels to Discovery Bay

We live in the Mid Levels in Central, and have been here one year. We are thinking about moving out to Discovery Bay because we think it will be a lot better out there with kids. We have 3 kids, all under 3 years old (3 years old next week, 20 months and 1 month, all girls). At the moment we live in a 3 bedroom apartment (small!) and I really miss the outdoor lifestyle and letting the kids run around outside (we are Australian).

Can anybody tell me if Discovery Bay will be better for the kids as opposed to here in the Mid Levels?

And is there a particular housing area in DB which is better for kids? I hear Headland Village is nice. Which area has the biggest houses with the biggest private gardens? And which club is the best for kids? Club Siena? Or other?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

One issue you have to take into account is your budget.
    You can get a free standing 5000-something sf house in Seebee Lane or a nice 3000-something sf house with pool in Headland at the top end - we are talking 150k plus here.
    A bit lower priced are properties in the Beach Village - depending on size you can have a small garden or largish terraces. The price range there is 30k up to almost 100k - all low rises in walking distance to the plaza/ferry pier.
    Another option would be Sienna 1 and Sienna 2 - you would need a bus to plaza/ferry pier from there, but they are really close to club Sienna.
    There are nice 3-bedroom flats with balconies in the high rises (Woods, Greens, General Hospital) which are a lot cheaper.
    Each Village has a playground and there are lots of play groups around.
    The club membership is for both clubs (Resident Club and Club Sienna). It is HKD 470.- (according to our last bill) per person plus HKD 315.- per person for the gym.

Thanks Elle - very very helpful.