Like Tree80Likes

Ferry Rant

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ferry Rant

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...09399709137385

Wow talk about losing it! Kudos to the Filipina lady for trying to defuse the situation.
    Watercooler and wilma sadang like this.

at first glance looks like the DB ferry….did you witness this Fiona??

what was going on here - don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by anothercanuck:
    at first glance looks like the DB ferry….did you witness this Fiona??
    Yes, it's the DB ferry - no, didn't witness it.

In a half-empty ferry I have to wonder why such an outburst!

It looked like some westerners (tops of heads) had taken seats next to hers as there's still an empty seat at the end of the first row.

The Filipina lady attempted to get her to stop her nonsense, and was rewarded with 'god will kill you'!

And seeing how many empty seats there were, I'm not too sure how the episode started.

"GOD VILL KILL YOU" reminded me of this scene in the Exorcist [NSFW]

Original Post Deleted
    wow...if that's the gist then blimey...talk about getting out on the wrong side of the bed!

Trying to work out how I would react if I'd been on the ferry at the time. I'm a little surprised that the Westerners at the front didn't try and intervene (or maybe they did but it wasn't on the footage). I think it's poor that no-one backed up the Filipina lady. And that the staff just stood there. It's not acceptable to allow a passenger to abuse another passenger like that that. I know they can hardly manhandle her off the ferry (tempting as it might be) but just standing there and doing nothing is pretty pathetic.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    Trying to work out how I would react if I'd been on the ferry at the time. I'm a little surprised that the Westerners at the front didn't try and intervene (or maybe they did but it wasn't on the footage). I think it's poor that no-one backed up the Filipina lady. And that the staff just stood there. It's not acceptable to allow a passenger to abuse another passenger like that that. I know they can hardly manhandle her off the ferry (tempting as it might be) but just standing there and doing nothing is pretty pathetic.
    I agree, she even seemed to hit someone as well, with her bag. I don't think they are allowed to touch anyone (you can imagine the accusations if they did). I actually saw them take a ferry out of service late one night when two drunks passed out after boarding the ferry in Central.

The crew are very nice but do not seem to handle things like this very well. I had to assist in ejecting a very drunk man from the ferry one night at the Central pier as he refused to get off after coming over from DB and the ferry wouldn't leave with him still on board. Noone else was doing anything about it but heck, I just wanted to get home!

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    Of course the staff do nothing. All they can do is get into trouble- I would be very surprised if a ferry company would reward initiative in their staff. Ditto on something like the MTR- the smartest thing for a subway worker to do during passenger altercations is to pretend that nothing is happening.

The staff on the DB ferry can't even handle snot-nosed brats and would probably get into trouble if they tried. So not surprising they'd avoid a beserk adult.

In these cases it's really up to other adult bystanders to do something. All you'd need is a handful of people to stand up and embarrass her, but in my observations very few people are willing to get involved in public altercations- it'll only be one or two and then it just turns into even more of a shouting match.
    Last edited by jgl; 04-03-2014 at 10:59 AM.
    Fiona in HKG and Natfixit like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast