Commuting to Shenzhen

Closed Thread

Commuting to Shenzhen

Hi, I live in Coastal Skyline and commute 3,4 times a week to Shenzhen.

Any good ideas for such? Car Poll?

Thanks, Ami.

1. Go to the airport and see if there is a cross-boarder bus service that has a schedule that may suit your schedule. You may have to taxi it from Huang Gang once in Shenzhen if you cannot find a bus that goes to the area you need to be.

2. Check the bus from Lo Wu to Disney - I am not sure of the exact routing for this bus such as if it stops at Sunny Bay but worth looking into as it will take you straight to Lo Wu.

3. Hire a cross boarder driver for about HK500/RT - if you have a consistent schedule they may give you a lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by Alby:
    2. Check the bus from Lo Wu to Disney - I am not sure of the exact routing for this bus such as if it stops at Sunny Bay but worth looking into as it will take you straight to Lo Wu.
    Are you sure this bus goes to Lo Wu? There is no public transportation centre there except for the MTR. To get in to the streets of Lo Wu you need the closed area permit. Perhaps it is Lok Ma Chau you are thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger:
    Are you sure this bus goes to Lo Wu? There is no public transportation centre there except for the MTR. To get in to the streets of Lo Wu you need the closed area permit. Perhaps it is Lok Ma Chau you are thinking of?
    Let me rephrase ... the MTR Railbus can be bought at LoWu a single trip package covers a LoWu to Sheung Shui MTR Travel Pass and a Sheung Shui-Disneyland bus coupon, they run daily from 7.30am until the hour after the end of the fireworks display, they use to go every 30 minutes but the schedules may have changed. I recall once a Shenzhen colleague who has taken the trip stating the bus stops at Sunny Bay - but schedules may have changed - so worth looking into.

Commuting to Shenzhen and back to Tung Chung

Quote Originally Posted by Alby:
    1. Go to the airport and see if there is a cross-boarder bus service that has a schedule that may suit your schedule. You may have to taxi it from Huang Gang once in Shenzhen if you cannot find a bus that goes to the area you need to be.

3. Hire a cross boarder driver for about HK500/RT - if you have a consistent schedule they may give you a lower price.
    Thank you Alby! good ideas! do you jknow where can I find such driver? since I need these trips almost on daily basis to Shenzhen and back to HK (TC).

I do this when I play golf.
    Drive to Lok Ma Chau park for $50 the whole day
    get the yellow bus over
    get local taxi.

Depending what part of Shenzhen you're commuting to, this might work for you.

Commuting to Shenzhen and back to Tung Chung

Quote Originally Posted by thursday:
    I do this when I play golf.
    Drive to Lok Ma Chau park for $50 the whole day
    get the yellow bus over
    get local taxi.

Depending what part of Shenzhen you're commuting to, this might work for you.
    Thanks for thr good advise!