Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By jgl
  • 1 Post By jgl
  • 1 Post By jayinhongkong

Bicycle storage in Tung Chung

Hang your bikes on the wall, works well for small apartments.

When I lived in Beijing I used to park my bike in one of those paid bike parks...I can't remember the price put it was pennies and your bike was safe. The one and only time I locked my bike to a post it was stolen.

What would you pay a month to store a bike? I reckon I'd pay a couple of hundredish...we're lucky in that we have some outside space but two of my bikes are too high value to leave outside....

It's a little business for somebody I'm sure..

*edit*

Ask this question on these Facebook groups...

Safer Cycling on Lantau

and

Hong Kong Cycling Alliance

Last edited by Lord Dashwood; 04-04-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Sunny does bike storage on a monthly basis. He's a really nice guy.

A bit hard to find the first time, he's at Ma Wan OLD village, which is down the stairs from the big housing estate on the main road. Call him for directions, his English is okay. This is not walking distance, there is a short bus/minibus ride involved.

Welcome To Mountain Bike Shop!歡迎來到大嶼山單車店!

Do NOT keep a good bike outside around Tung Chung, bikes do get stolen out there.

Last edited by jgl; 04-04-2016 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Sunny does bike storage on a monthly basis. He's a really nice guy.

A bit hard to find the first time, he's at Ma Wan OLD village, which is down the stairs from the big housing estate on the main road. Call him for directions, his English is okay.

Welcome To Mountain Bike Shop!歡迎來到大嶼山單車店!

Do NOT keep a good bike outside around Tung Chung, bikes do get stolen out there.
    Good call...I bloody knew about Sunny...must be getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dashwood:
    Good call...I bloody knew about Sunny...must be getting old.
    Out of sight, out of mind.

He's got possibly the worst-located but still decent bike shop in all of HK, it's really hidden away.
    Lord Dashwood likes this.

Welcome to TC! My road bike is on the wall I like to hop on my bike to buy lunch from a lady down the road. I considered Sunny but I'm so glad my bike is at home. I can ride it whenever I want!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dashwood:
    What would you pay a month to store a bike? I reckon I'd pay a couple of
    It's a little business for somebody I'm sure..
    Unfortunately the allocation of space for vehicle storage is mandated by the Transport & Housing department. Given the ever increasing popularity of cycling would seem be sensible that the Transport and Housing Bureau would mandate so many secure bike parking spaces per m2 of flat space as they do with car parking. Alas more money in parking cars for the affluent than bikes for the poor...

Not sure if you know about this, but I just applied for bicycle parking at Le Bleu Deux (open to Coastal Skyline residents). They're using a ballot system. The entry period is now closed, but if I get the double parking space I requested, I'm going to keep a beater bike outdoors for shooting around TC!

eIIe likes this.