Like Tree85Likes

Food poisoning at Zaks

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    There are bugs and then there are bugs. Salmonella kills thousands globally including Asians.
    There are two species of salmonella and one specie is further divided into six subspecies that include over 2500 serovars. The vast majority of salmonella cases require no medical attention. A small percentage can be very serious and deadly but the majority are not.

Point being the word Salmonella alone should not necessarily cause panic and hysteria. It is a very common food borne illness, albeit not a fun one to get.
    Last edited by Open Casket; 25-04-2016 at 08:59 AM.

I think food poisoning is normal in HK, everytime my local colleagues goto lunch, they have to immediately goto toilets to do a number 2. I bring my own pack lunches!

Guys, dont feed the troll, OC was clearly trolling on that one re Expat with weak stomach in DB because he lives in Tai po or wherever and he goes local so he is better than those DB expat. That was the point of his post. Don't feed him and derail this thread (once again).

I have had food poisoning a few times, once in India and once in Myanmar. In HK you sometimes gets the runs but nothing like a proper food poisoning.
    The one in Myanmar, I simply could not get off the bed for a day. Was shivering and very hot alternatively, sweat like mad and couldnt eat a thing for over 24hs. Tough shit.

rathunt, eIIe, shri and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Guys, dont feed the troll, OC was clearly trolling on that one re Expat with weak stomach in DB because he lives in Tai po or wherever and he goes local so he is better than those DB expat. That was the point of his post. Don't feed him and derail this thread (once again).

I have had food poisoning a few times, once in India and once in Myanmar. In HK you sometimes gets the runs but nothing like a proper food poisoning.
    The one in Myanmar, I simply could not get off the bed for a day. Was shivering and very hot alternatively, sweat like mad and couldnt eat a thing for over 24hs. Tough shit.
    I've had the Myanmar one. Has to fly from Yangon to Doha with it. Nightmare. The poor air stewardesses just kept plying me with sick bags and taking filled ones away.
    Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    I think food poisoning is normal in HK, everytime my local colleagues goto lunch, they have to immediately goto toilets to do a number 2. I bring my own pack lunches!
    It's never that quick!
    So that's bull

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Tough shit.
    Can not have been that bad then ;-)
    shri, hullexile, Mat and 1 others like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Take your pick:

* Case of the Monday's
    * directions to the airport
    * prize for cultural insensitivity
    Mat, jimbo, HowardCoombs and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    Take your pick:

* Case of the Monday's
    * directions to the airport
    * prize for cultural insensitivity
    Or he is poor and brutally honest

You might just not be very good at finding the right places?

I find everyday HK food to be mostly very good.

shri and Gatts like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nep:
    You might just not be very good at finding the right places?

I find everyday HK food to be mostly very good.
    That's unless you need the whole organic thingy or are one of "those" :-)