Like Tree85Likes

Food poisoning at Zaks

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Original Post Deleted
    I'm no fan of local food, but you really do need to try a wider variety of it! Its not all awful.
    East_coast likes this.

Original Post Deleted

Probably staff but could of been patrons...

My best guess is someone infected a dip and the staff 'recycled' it. But pure speculation.

Outbreaks that have many people affected are much more newsworthy than a much higher number of individual cases so I suspect we have all been conditioned to focus on outbreaks rather than the trends individual cases.

Jimbo why are you taking offence on behalf of HK as a whole?

Just open your eyes. The food safety standard in HK is appalling.

I also get food poisoning semi-regularly here. At least 2/3 times a year. I have learned to accept it as a way of life and I accept that's the risk when I buy pretty tasty, very cheap, and almost certainly unhygiencally prepared food at lunchtimes.

I'd say I'm in the top few % of earners in HK, so I don't see it as a rich/poor issueeither, It's a cultural issue.

But on the other hand they line up outside a Lai Chi Kok Industrial building where something like an open kitchen is selling shit in styrofoam boxes, and unwashed people in rubber boots cook for them the lowest quality food you can imagine and wash the dishes by soaking and shaking it in brown stinky water in a red bucket next to the gutter on the road. They don't even try to make them look clean.
    Did you really need to post that?!?

Quite accurately describes my regular lunch box here in Wong Chuk Hang. I do think mine is a significant upgrade, they wash their dishes indoors.

Original Post Deleted
    everyday local food is vile?? LOL and which country do you hail from that your food tastes and looks wonderful.
    jimbo and eIIe like this.

if you think HK is bad, you want to go to the grittiest part of lowu and see it will make hk look every so clean, especially as the goverment health inspectors turn a blind eye as well corrupt, at least here they are proactive

it's worse than a heavily used uk festival toilet and i talking about some of their actual cafes/restaurants

I wonder what we mean by 'food poisoning'. The worst case of food poisoning I ever had was in New Zealand. The worst case I've been personally affected by was a pal who nearly died in England after eating a kebab from an after pub van.

The place where I've most had 'the runs' has been Thailand...Bangkok was the 'hub' when I was backpacking, must have flown in half a dozen times in two years, it got to a point where I'd start to feel queasy before I'd even got off the plane....then, perhaps that was Garuda food...

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5