Like Tree67Likes

Influx of Mainlanders

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Influx of Mainlanders

How are TC residents feeling recently?

dont know about TC but Central is pretty darned unpleasant atm with the combination of Guangdong daytrippers and various other tour groups from North Asia clogging up the footpaths

It's awful. All these Chinese people in China. Damn. Go back to China. Wait... Oh.

civil_servant and Morrison like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon Goon:
    It's awful. All these Chinese people in China. Damn. Go back to China. Wait... Oh.
    It is easier and less emotive to think of low quality tourists as low quality tourists. Unfortunately the HK Government are not capable of implementing policies to get more higher spending longer staying tourists.

Implementing sensible policies? You must have confused our government with someone who actually knows what they are doing

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    It is easier and less emotive to think of low quality tourists as low quality tourists.
    Yes, let's attach a low-class moniker to them. How classy. Why not just think of them as locusts?

Unfortunately the HK Government are not capable of implementing policies to get more higher spending longer staying tourists.
    Poor people can finally travel and East_coast wants to squash that. Let me guess, you don't really give a shit about poor people.
    Bernadette J W likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Yes, let's attach a low-class moniker to them. How classy. Why not just think of them as locusts? Poor people can finally travel and East_coast wants to squash that. Let me guess, you don't really give a shit about poor people.
    No, I think the government should target higher quality tourists and not the mass tourist approach it is currently pursuing. Going to a godown in To Ko Wan an looking at watches you don't want sounds like a terrible day trip that should in theory be banned as a 'subsidised by shopping' trip but clearly not enforced (which it could easily be).
    Last edited by East_coast; 07-02-2019 at 04:46 PM.

No, I think the government should target higher quality tourists and not the mass tourist approach it is currently pursuing. Going to a godown in To Ko Wan an looking at watches you don't want sounds like a terrible day trip that should in theory be banned as a 'subsidised by shopping' trip but clearly not enforced (which it could easily be).
    I see so I guess civil liberties are only important when they suit your agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Golem:
    I see so I guess civil liberties are only important when they suit your agenda
    No, I do not suggest banning tourist I suggests targeting higher spending longer staying tourists. Allowing the practice of 'Forced shopping' tours is not good for Hong Kong or the tourists who come on them wouldn't you agree?
    Last edited by East_coast; 07-02-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Well yes it is unpleasant. Just try to walk down Nathan Road.

That said, Mainland tourists have every right to be here.

If only I can put away my hatred for Parisians who utter under their breath to fuck off whenever I am in town, especially that ultra unfriendly shopkeeper who sold me a pack of smokes.

Kowloon Goon, Morrison and shri like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast