Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By MABinPengChau
  • 1 Post By civil_servant
  • 3 Post By natron

Hei Ling Chau landing permission

Hei Ling Chau landing permission

Hi, has anyone gone hiking on Hei Ling Chau? I would like to go there but the ferry says that you need landing permission. Can't figure out how and reluctant to call the ferry company so thought I'd ask here.

Elegiaque likes this.

Afaik you can only get a permit if you are visiting someone in the prison there.

Or if you have a kayak. I'm interested to know, too. Let's hope -- fingers crossed -- that we will NEVER be able to visit.

If you're a teacher you can organize an educational visit to the addiction treatment centre.

MABinPengChau likes this.

I saw an old post for a hike there and also now they opened up mooring permits so thinking there must be a way. So pretty and little development, would really like to go.

A friend of mine took the ferry there last year for a simple walk about, and was detained in a small room for a couple of hours until the next ferry arrived that took him back.

When I first moved to Peng Chau in 2011 I was trying to find the ferry to DB and got on the one for Hei Ling Chau- when I saw where I was, I didn't get off (big signs about needing landing permission). I'm sure the ferry guy wondered what I was doing on the ferry in the first place. So I get the fact if I don't have permission, they won't be too pleased...

Even if you are visiting someone, you probably don't have permission to wander about...

Guess I need to buy a boat and moor it there...