Fair rent for Coastal Skyline 1040 sqft lower floor , 3 BR

Closed Thread

Fair rent for Coastal Skyline 1040 sqft lower floor , 3 BR

Hi All,

I need your help on this. I have been payign 11,500 for this 1040 3 BR in costal skyline tung chung. Now after 1 year, I asked the landlord to decrease the rent and he got back to me sayign that 11,000 is what he is firm at and he would not decrease it further and would rather le the apartment be empty (quite expected from him, chinese business man with 15 apartments in HK and heart the size of a mouse, amyways).
    I sent him transaction records from Midlands and Centanet and it does show similar apartment going 9500-10500 rent. but he does not agree.

now for all who know, can you help me find out the rentals in coastal skyline for 1040 3br lower floors?

i odnt trus the agents much so it would be good if anyone here can shre his/her knowledge and guide me. do u think i would find similar apartment at 9500-10,000 ? shall I try looking out?

Thanks,
    Bilal

why not just ask in the agents what you can expect to pay
    for a low floor apartment etc and move if your landlord will not budge.

Coastal Skyline

Quote Originally Posted by Misty:
    why not just ask in the agents what you can expect to pay
    for a low floor apartment etc and move if your landlord will not budge.
    Hi,

I do not think you would have a problem getting a similar apt. for 9K.

Please contact the agents at tung chung cres and caribbean coast bazaar.

My mate signed a lease last week for the 1228 sqft apart. for 9.5K.

Cheers.
    G

BTW ur current Landlord is playing hardball and is not aware we are in a recession.
    Last edited by Gyromaster; 07-03-2009 at 01:32 PM. Reason: adding some more info

Quote Originally Posted by Gyromaster:
    Hi,

I do not think you would have a problem getting a similar apt. for 9K.

Please contact the agents at tung chung cres and caribbean coast bazaar.

My mate signed a lease last week for the 1228 sqft apart. for 9.5K.

Cheers.
    G

BTW ur current Landlord is playing hardball and is not aware we are in a recession.
    Thanks! yeah I also felt is he trying to take a chance, probably knowing that with a kid and given the hassle of shfting, I would prefer living in the same apartments. I have contacted a few agents and lets see how it goes.
    if anyone knows a owner who is willing to rent the apt out directly, please let me know. I am looking only at coastal skyline.

thanks again

I wouldn't recommend Ricacorp agent...

10.5K is quite reasonable now given that the newer ones at La Rossa are also at 11K or so...