Any Good Bars & Pub Grub in Tung Chung or CLK area??

Closed Thread

Any Good Bars & Pub Grub in Tung Chung or CLK area??

Im looking out if any nice bars or places to meet Xpats in Tung Chung area ??

discovery bay....... citygate in tung chung....... and headland hotel in CLK.......

For a mere 60dollar taxi ride you could go over the hill to the Gallery in Tong Fuk (more or less opposite the bus 'station' cum taxi stand, can't miss it it's painted bright orange and billowing barbeque smoke).
    Dave, the owner, is a darkly humourless type, which is a refreshing change to the miserably cheery fake 'my name is Josh and I'll be your server tonight' stuff you get elsewhere.
    The food is great (steaks, middleeastern inspired food, good seafood), it's a real local pub and it's a place where normal expats go for an unpretentious night out. And get absolutely hammered.
    In Tung Chung, you've just got the Starz Bar (at Citygate Cinema) where you can sit outside and very publicly get drunk. Otherwise there is a Thai Restaurant which has wine and beer on the menu, opposite park and shop. They will cork BYO wine for about 30-40 dollars (negotiable). There is another Thai restaurant in Tung Chung old village (free shuttle from outside the MTR station).
    Dakotas at Cathay City is an option, but full of noisy childish pilots. Beware of low flying peanuts ;-)
    Kate's in CLK airport (arrivals level Regal Hotel end) is best described as 'Life on Mars' due to it's complete lack of atmosphere.

To sum up:
    Gallery: local expats hangout, great food, chilled out atmosphere reasonable prices.
    Starz: bring your own atmosphere - no toilets, go to McDonalds for a leak. Try not to get arrested - I'm really against pubs without their own toilets.....
    Dakotas: Plenty of atmosphere (if you enjoy hearing pilots talking sh!te loudly. Not Cheap. $88 all you can drink of wine Mon-Thurs 5:30-7:30pm, and of beer Friday (same hours).
    Kates: Dear, impersonal Bring your own atmosphere.

Thai Restaurants: average Thai food, nothing special but reasonable prices.

The Beer Bay in Disco Bay is also a possibility, but it is really an offy with a seating area outside (AKA the Plaza). Alternatively you can get beer in 7-11 or P&S and sit outside and drink it.

The Forest Bar in Peng Chau is another good option.
    $4.5 on the ferry from DB (near Marina). Good Thai food, pizza's, steaks, draft beers and cider. 10 minute trip from DB. Similar in atmosphere to the Gallery.

For me it's either the Gallery (Tong Fuk) or the Forest Bar (Peng Chau).

Had a good laugh at the low flying peanuts comment. That was a gem. I was at CX city the day after err ... a senior management drone had a collision with one of them peanuts.

Any bars or restaurants in Tung Chung

Can anyone let me know where I can find any decent bars or restaurants in Tung Chung ? Thanks

Err .. like the post by Murtser says.....

360 Forest has just opened. At the botom of the cabel car.

Gallery is the best