McDonalds at citygate vanished?!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question McDonalds at citygate vanished?!

last night i wandered over to McDonalds for a late night snack... and to my astonishment it had vanished! with no trace that it had even existed in the first place!!! i started to doubt my own sanity. i glanced around and saw the Men in Blue abound. i questioned one of them who would tell me only that it had moved, but could not tell me where. i sensed a conspiracy. my suspicions were further aroused when i noticed that the Kentucky Fried Cat remained unchanged, EXCEPT that it had increased clientele. could this be a case of high-level collusion between top government officials and KFC??? perhaps the beginning of a sustained effort to oust McDonalds from its dominant position in Hong Kong?

anything is possible

so does anyone know where the McDonalds has moved to??

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

What a blow! If only there were some way to check this, such as a network of computers around the world with company websites on them for people to read. But wait...

From the McDonalds HK website:
    Shop 104 on First Floor, Yat Tung Shopping Centre, Yat Tung Estate, Tung Chung, Lantau Island 3141 7367

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    What a blow! If only there were some way to check this, such as a network of computers around the world with company websites on them for people to read. But wait...

From the McDonalds HK website:
    Shop 104 on First Floor, Yat Tung Shopping Centre, Yat Tung Estate, Tung Chung, Lantau Island 3141 7367
    well, the one at Yat Tung was already there and is too far from Citygate.

Perhaps this would be an opportunity for another earth-shatteringly important Chip Tsao ramble...

ooooooooooo or perhaps most locals worked out out that a bowl of wonton noodles taste better and healthier than McD's.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by wahaha08:
    well, the one at Yat Tung was already there and is too far from Citygate.
    But for the uber-lazy, it delivers; again, according to the website.

if only they could all vanish....ah Vietnam what a nice country for example...no Ronald in sight....a relief!

wats wrong with mac's. Of course you dont eat it everyday but once in a while its alright to splurge.

I noticed that too...that sucks BIG time. And they are replacing it with some store called Mango that's not gonna open till this Fall...what a waste...darn...no more Double Cheese Quarter Pounders :-(

Has anyone tried calling CityGate Outlet management office to inquire if the McDees isn't just moving to a different area in the mall?

Cuz I remember I flipped out when I saw the HSBC ATM machines were gone from the mall, but it turns out they just moved the ATM machines to the lower level in the mall...so hopefully they still keep McDees in the mall...just move them to a different spot...I'd be cool with that.

And it doesn't make sense for McDees to pack up and leave...they were banking big time in the mall...it was always so busy...so why the heck would they leave? Could they not afford the high rents...yeah right...I mean if some friggin store called Mango can afford to move to that spot, I'm sure for McDees the rent in mall is chump-change, compared to the digits they were making from sales.

Oh well go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    wats wrong with mac's. Of course you dont eat it everyday but once in a while its alright to splurge.
    well, it depends on where you are. Say if you in a small town in suburban US where the only place open for a quick snack is fast food, then McD's is only 1 of few options available.

There are too many options around. It's too easy to get cheaper or as cheap, healthier, better food. I'll go a 7-11 for a quick snack before McD's.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast