Questions about DB

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by creamy338:
    hi everyone, thanks for your answers.

amseiko98, do you know the costs to go to Sunny Bay? Sunny Bay is close for me also so I can try that route. Is there a bus stop near the DB pier if I take the sunnybay? I thought the station is only opened on certain days, is the bus easy to find at the station?

hi elle, what i meant was actually an apartment above 500 since the one i'm staying at is around 500 sf and i'm hoping to find something bigger this time. Db must be real big for the internal transport system, so most commodities or shops are near the plaza...is it easy to commute around the island internally?

Oze_kid,

What is CBD? Oh Central business district? I guess that's because where I live it's about $14 per trip for the ferry now so it seems quite high for me. It's a 30 minute ride right? is that 24 hours a day and how often do the rides come?
    Do you know the average costs of an apartment for the buildings you mentioned above 500 sq ft with seaview? I'll definitely keep those in mind, thanks!

Anyone has anything to share on the clubhouse and your experiences living there?
    I agree with Cara, you definitely need to have a look at DB first. There are apartments and houses available in all sizes, starting at 472sf up to houses more than 5000sf - it all depends on your budget.
    The ferries run 24 hours, with an up-charge of HK$ 13 (or 14) per trip after midnight, the trip takes 30min. Intervals during morning rush hour are 15 min, during the day it's 30min, and during evening rush hour 20 min - you can check here for details: Welcome to Discovery Bay
    The bus to Sunny Bay is HK$ 9.1, starts at the plaza and has stops all the way to the tunnel. During rush hour it runs every 10min, during the day every 20min - again, you should find details on the HKR website mentioned above.

wow, they've now decreased to every 15 minutes during rush hour? remember the good old days when it was every 8 minutes?

the longer i'm gone from db, the less i miss it (although i miss the community a lot!)

Hi, carang and elle, I've been to DB a few times, but I was mostly around the beach and the plaza ( assuming the only one is near the pier).
    And I did see this one bus stop that had several buses there...but then my impression as that they go to Tung Chung and the airport instead of Sunny Bay..so I'm not sure which bus goes where and to which stops of the island. If it's an internal bus besides the one going to Sunny Bay assuming all the buses stop at all stops and the pier after hearing what you say. The bus stop I went to was quite far from the pier actually. So the island seemed pretty big to me.

where can I find the hire cars on DB?

Carang, you don't miss DB anymore? Did you like living there?

Businesses in the flats above plaza, what kind of businesses are there?

I know the golf carts are working by electricity right? So how does that go in terms of electro fees? Like where do you pay that off or get the electricity going?

i do still miss db A LOT! But i miss the community spirit, the people, the convenience.

all of the buses in db go from the plaza, including the airport bus, the tung chung bus and the sunny bay bus. the furthest stop from the plaza (within db) is only 5-10 minutes away(including stopping), so it isn't very big at all.

hire cars are available at the plaza near the newspaper stand. or you can call to order one.

businesses in the flats:
    estate agents
    playgroups
    tutorial centres
    massage centres
    beauty salons
    hairdressers
    used to be a cake shop
    magazine office
    used to be a retail shop, too (dont' know if it's still there or not)

golf carts are NOT electric... they run on petrol/deisel (not sure which)

but really, if you are a single person, you would be crazy to spend $6,000/month on a golf cart... put it towards a larger flat!