Mid-Level vs Discovery Bay?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Back then if you missed the 3am you had to wait to 4:30am!!!!!!

one of the reasons i moved out from db...let's look at the bright side now..

The bright side of DB or the bright side of leaving DB?
    Nice for walks along the beach and generally. Residents' Club better now with its second location. Better ferries over the years and makes the travelling less of a chore (it's like getting on a jumbo jet). Correct me if I am wrong but can you now use Octopus to pay for the ferry ride?

*db residents:take note*

bright side of leaving db...i go and visit my twin nieces every weekend *if i'm not too hungover*...i have to admit that db is nice..makes you feel like you are on a holiday..and yes, you can use octopus but i used to buy that ticket for 50 trips...i used to hate db's residents putting their bag/suitcase/laptop on the next seats while we have to walk up and down looking for spare seats in rush hour..i always found a seat eventually but with annoyed looks...do you think i cared??...nah!!

>> Back then if you missed the 3am you had to wait to 4:30am!!!!!!

And watch shocked Japanese Golfers. ( ex DB - 93)

Not sure I could handle a ferry ride home after some of the nights I have. Do they pass out buckets as you board for the 3&4am departures

nah saltwater but they have got bins inside the ferry...better sit next to one if you are ever on it..

Summit - Mid Levels is the way to go when you are single and new to HK. So convenient especially as you will be working in Central. Even if you dont live near the escalator it will only cost you $15 in a cab. Don't even think about DB!

Cool What about outdoor activities?

Thanks guys for all the comment!

So, what about outdoor activities, it seems hard to find any place to go @ mid-level.......while in Discovery Bay, it is outdoor.

Come from LA, I would prefer sunny beach and outdoor stuff than LKF's bars. Plus, I assume that I would be working long hours, and traveling around Asia-Pacific region, not much time for late night bars.

Yeah, people mention that DB is more for family, not single:-(???

While in HK walking around doing my market research, I was thinking I can join Pure @ IFC, cause it is right by my office, then jump onto the ferry to DB, all close by.

While if I am in Mid-level, where do I go for gyms? Just running the steps:-), actually it is not a bad cardio exercise, if not that crowded.

By the way, KIA, you suggested Happy Valley, is that the area I mentioned in my post that above HK Park? Those buildings do look nicer, compared with Mid-Level, but how do you get down to Central? Taxi? Walk to MTR, then take just one minute ride to Central?

Forgot to ask ----

Is there any "community" type development at Mid-level, or Happy Valley on HK side?

It seems to me all are stand-alone high rise buidlings.

I guess that's part of the reason I like DB setting, more like the community in LA, while Mid-Level is more like New York, Chicago or San Francisco style, all stand alone high rise.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast