Macau ferry from HKIA

Macau ferry from HKIA

I'm not sure if this is true or not but I've heard that the new ferry terminal they built at the airport will allow anyone to take the ferry from the airport and not just airline passengers. It would be nice not to have to go all the way to tst or sheung wan to grab the ferry since the airport is so close. Anyone hear any truth to this? I tried to buy a ticket online yesterday from the airport to macau/macau to airport and it required my airline booking info.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Not unless the rules have been changed. The ferry terminal is airside.

They also promised long time ago now a Terminal in Tuen Mun and people are still waiting for it ;-)

Claire's right. Procedure is here, and allows for arriving passengers only to purchase tickets.

well apparently they are just getting done with a new terminal that supposedly is going to allow ferry passengers to embark/disembark there without going through the airport. Anyone else have info on this?

The new skypier caters only to transfer pax and is connected to the airport terminal by automated people mover. There is no facility such as ticket office, Immi or customs for HK residents to take ferry to Macau. Besides, there is no entrance/exit to the street since the whole place is airport restricted area.

robbfg

It really is a bit naf they dont allow it.

People could just theoretically buy a ticket, then proceed through airport immigration, and go through to catch the ferry.

All they would really need is a ferry ticket sales office.

Someone at the operator lacks vision.....

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by robbfg:
    People could just theoretically buy a ticket, then proceed through airport immigration, and go through to catch the ferry.
    Only the mathematically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by robbfg:
    Someone at the operator lacks vision.....
    It wasn't the operator's decision; it was a governmental one.
    Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 03-03-2010 at 02:14 PM.