Discovery Bay

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Discovery Bay

Can anybody recommend any good property agents who look after Discovery Bay. I have tried the link on the resources page but it does not work for me.
    We had thought we would like to live in Repulse bay when we visited before Xmas but now are swaying towards Discovery Bay as we are hoping to start a family soon. I would like to get some more info, has anyone any thoughts they would like to share ??
    Now I am confused and can't decide.....

i've been in HK for almost 11 years and in Db for the past 5....if you'd like to PM me, i'd be happy to answer questions about life in DB....

DB at the ferry end is awesome. Its a total change from rest of HK. You have a beach and great plaza for food.

except that at the moment, the plaza is being renovated and there is next to nothing for restaurants....

I have a (female) contact who works for a small agency in DB. She is very good, reliable and honest. I have known her for years and she has been extremely helpful. If you are interested I will pm you her details.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    I have a (female) contact who works for a small agency in DB. She is very good, reliable and honest. I have known her for years and she has been extremely helpful. If you are interested I will pm you her details.
    That would be great - Thanks. the agent we look at Repulse Bay does not have any properties in Discovery bay and doees nopt even list the location on her site. I figured it would be best to approach local agents here......

Weare moving to HK in Sept. I have a feeling I will like discivery bay, my husband want to live somewhere nice and quiet. We don't have children will we look out of place in DB?

no, there are plenty of couples here without kids... my hubby and i were in Db for 4 years before we had kids...

DB living/ safety issue

Thanks Carang.
    If I could ask some more quuestions to anyone.
    1.will there be things to do/ nice beach to relax/place to shop (apart from DB Plaza) on DB itself? Or it is essential to bea member of clubs .
    2.Is it consider safe to live in a high floor on those high rise building? Do they have good health ans safety against fire etc to those living up there?

The beach is fine and free to use. There are a range of shops at the plaza including a department store, bank and supermarket. There are a number of fast food outlets and restaurants too. If you join the DB Residents' Club you have access to all it can offer including restaurants and sports facilities.
    All buildings have fire insurance. Living in a high rise is a way of life here (I can't believe I said that!).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast