Roller blades

Closed Thread

Roller blades

Hi everyone

I'm willing to learn how to do roller blades (inline skates) as a hobby. Is there anyone who would like to share his/her experience/tips with me.

Thanks

Wear good protective gear and find a wide open space to practice. Lean a bit forward, never back. Have you ever been ice skating in an ice rink? I am sure there are some inline skating lessons on youtube.

Once you mastered the basics, you could go and blade around the green bicycle trail around Tung Chung during weekdays (less people).

And always try to be faster than the numerous security guards that will try to hunt you down in Hong Kong ;-)

Last edited by 100LL; 25-05-2010 at 02:14 PM.

As a keen ex-blader: Don't bother in HK. It's the wrong city for it. Bad traffic, rough and filthy streets, general pollution are a bad mix. If you're going to blade here, "willing to learn" isn't enough- you've got to have a good dose of fanaticism to do it. There's not even a good place to buy blades in HK (so far I've found the Bont shop, which is geared more towards speedskaters and kids).

I believe there is at least one group that meets weekly on Kowloon side, a forum search should turn up their contact details. Good luck with it if you decide to try, but unless you really, really get into it, rollerblading will at most become a 'once in a blue moon' activity rather than a hobby.

Well jgl, all that is about to change. Any day now the skate park opposite CC will open !

roller blade

Quote Originally Posted by Sem2006:
    Hi everyone

I'm willing to learn how to do roller blades (inline skates) as a hobby. Is there anyone who would like to share his/her experience/tips with me.

Thanks
    HI , can you with me play ? i will go to TUNG CHUNG at saturday on the 21 date August afternoon. can you add my msn?

[email protected]