dry eyes

Closed Thread

dry eyes

my eyes becomes dry after wearing my contact lens for a few hours.

is this a problem, or is it a norm for contact lens wearers?

should i go to a doctor for this?

(i've just begun wearing lens 2 months ago, and this problem keeps recurring)

Have you ever tried the lubricant that for wearing contact lens? For beginners, it helps.

I had that problem when I changed to dailies from monthly disposable, I spoke to the optician in the UK and he said I had had an allergic reaction to the brand of contact lens. I then switched to Acuvue and have been fine since then. Aircon can also make them feel dry.

xingala: is there any brands you can recommend?

i think my problem is that my job requires intensive use of computer so that my eyes feel dry so easily~ but i still prefer to wear contact lenses~

I'd go back to the optician and talk to them. It may just be a case of getting used to them, added lubricant etc but it may be something more problamatic, like a reaction or previous damage to the cornea that makes wearing lens for a long period of time uncomfortable (I can only wear a contact lens in one eye due to a getting a spinter of metal in the other one 15 years ago, sorry if you're eating lunch).

Safe to say if both of your eyes feel the same then it not likley to be the same as my problems. Even so don't guess and don't take chances with your eyes, go and get it checked out by a professional.

Try lubricant first, if nothing improved, don't try luck! Better put off your lens and go see a doctor, it could be hazardous to your eyes. There are quite a lot of this selling in local optical shop, I don't recall the brand I was using but it's from Japan and in pink package.

Quote Originally Posted by cassieW:
    my eyes becomes dry after wearing my contact lens for a few hours.

is this a problem, or is it a norm for contact lens wearers?

should i go to a doctor for this?

(i've just begun wearing lens 2 months ago, and this problem keeps recurring)
    What kind of lenses are you wearing? I had the same problem when I started wearing lenses - I changed from the normal dailies to the ones with added moisture (Acuvue) and had no problems since.

why don't you try eye drops? refresh eye drops will help a little.