Mole removed

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mole removed

Does anyone know where to go to get a mole removed? I want a decent Doc who won't hack me to pieces and doesn't cost the earth!

Thanks!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Is it visible, on the face?

IMO, if not visible or on the face, you can go to a dermatologist (generally cheaper). If it's on the face, it might be better to go to a plastic surgeon (generally more expensive).

Yep it's smack bang in the middle of my face, and it's time it was gone!

I'll look into a plastic surgeon, thanks!

It is also a good idea to get at least two quotations for this as there are a lot of sharks out there.

I have just had a minor operation and was quoted from $15,000 to $38,000 by three central surgeons.

If you have a GP that you trust his/her recommendation for an ethical surgeon my be the way to go.

You can do like many and have a little medical weekend in BKK. Bumrumgrad has a skin clinic

Skin Center | Bumrungrad International hospital, Bangkok Thailand

you can refer to a general practitioner. they perform minor surgeries and will skillfully remove moles and lesions. if they think the mole looks suspicious then they will refer to a local dermatologist. if that doesnt work you can always ask enrique eglesias where he has his removed

I had one removed by the dermatologist at Quality Healthcare in Admiralty. Not on the face. Didn't pay a dollar as I'm with Bupa. It's not in the face though. On the body. Did a decent job. Surprised how much they gotta chop away though to get rid of a mole.

Looks like I've been stabbed with a knife. Definitely makes a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Master:
    I had one removed by the dermatologist at Quality Healthcare in Admiralty. Not on the face. Didn't pay a dollar as I'm with Bupa. It's not in the face though. On the body. Did a decent job. Surprised how much they gotta chop away though to get rid of a mole.

Looks like I've been stabbed with a knife. Definitely makes a good story.
    I'd rather not look like i've been stabbed by a knife on the face though!!!!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

master is quite correct about how deep moles can be. I had a small one removed on my leg years ago. I was expecting a quick slice after the local, and out in a few minutes.

The surgeon must have spent almost 15 minutes digging away and when it was finally removed must have been over 2 cm deep.

The scar totally disappeared over time.

I had a couple of facial moles removed a few years ago by Dr. Philip Hsieh who did a great job (almost invisible). He's in Central at Takshing House, Tel. 2521 8292. Not cheap but when it comes to facial surgery I figured I'd go for a good rep.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast