Like Tree7Likes

Has Anyone had Acupuncture?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I understand what you are saying TS but I was totally sceptical when I commenced the treatment - the therapist had done six sessions of regular physio and massage then asked me if I wanted to try it. I was so fed up with limping around (not much fun anywhere but especially since I live in Mid-levels!) that I was like *heavy sigh* "oh go on then but I'm sure you'll be wasting your time..."

@ TS Even if that were the case, would you want to spoil it for people who experience improvement from it? I'm not sure the mechanics matter, just the result...but then you are so far up your own arse you probably can't see that...

Original Post Deleted
    What are you on about? You really have your knickers in a twist don't you? Sad...

Original Post Deleted
    I don't disagree but I believe that TS motivation is to belittle, that is why he uses the wink icon and comes across as a smug bastard most of the time.

My point, the one he obviously missed is that if the placebo effect is in action for acupuncture or whatever and it works often and causes no harm, why not let it be?

If someone read the book you've recommended and it undid the placebo affect, let's say SS' ankle pain came back, what would have been the value in that?

My Chinese MIL does all sorts of 'random' stuff, mirrors on balconies for luck, she offers fruit to loads of different statues and so on.......well it makes her feel good so what's the point of me trying to challenge her beliefs? What's the point?

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, I agree...I suppose what I worry about is would it work next time!

Original Post Deleted
    C'mon bryant even u gotta admit that's a great respponse!

M07 as we all know, you are a TS fanboy. I admit nothing...

People like to talk about the "Placebo" effect in all things, but where's the placebo effect in western medication? Poeple take drugs for pain, digestion issues, psy stuff and none of the western drugs work even remotely close to the effects of acupuncture or other holistic medicine. Acupuncture works because its't he real deal, not cause of a placebo effect. I've been to many diff ones, some great, some not so great, and the not so great ones don't have much of an effect to really cure chronic things, but the great ones are awesome. Placebo doesn't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    I don't disagree but I believe that TS motivation is to belittle, that is why he uses the wink icon and comes across as a smug bastard most of the time.

My point, the one he obviously missed is that if the placebo effect is in action for acupuncture or whatever and it works often and causes no harm, why not let it be?

If someone read the book you've recommended and it undid the placebo affect, let's say SS' ankle pain came back, what would have been the value in that?

My Chinese MIL does all sorts of 'random' stuff, mirrors on balconies for luck, she offers fruit to loads of different statues and so on.......well it makes her feel good so what's the point of me trying to challenge her beliefs? What's the point?
    Lol. This is an old thread but well said bryant. You just shut him up. Lol.

On a different note, does anyone know where I can buy acupuncture needles? And aroud how much would it cost? I plan to try it

Ffs......

Sent from my GT-S6102 using GeoClicks mobile app