From what my Obs and Gyn friends told me and what I know ,
1. C- section in public hospital under the public sector are performed for medical reasons mainly, you need to satisfy some criteria which include
a> the reason why you had a previous C - section eg obstruction due to pelvic bone outlet deformity- ie you cant have a normal vaginal delivery at all
b> the current status of your pregancy eg twins almost always had C- section nowadays, the position of your baby at final term eg breech ie the kid head was up and legs down which had certain risks if going normal vaginal delivery etc etc
c> any outstanding medical problem eg the condition of your heart ( if someone had a defect in heart since young the drs would opt you for C-section as less toll under controlled circumstances)
d> If you had 2 previous C-section, your subsequent pregancy can be considered for C- section as well ( though some drs will let you try for trial of normal vaginal delivery)

However, you can opt for the " private sector" in the public hospital or if one happened not to qualify for the heavily subsidised class C catergory. You need to find your Obs/Gyn dr early to discuss if you can be book for C- section ie listed for operating theatre ( they had a daily quota excluding emergencies)

Alternatively you can go for a private hospital and get a recommendation for an Obs/Gyn. From what I know a lot of these offer packages which, if yours is DEFINITELY not a complicated case , they are just a few thousand bucks different from the CLASS A under public hospital.

Hence it is important to know how the baby fares by the beginning the final trimester latest prior to deciding on C- section.

Hope it helps! feel free to pm if you need any more info