Jock Itch?

Closed Thread

Jock Itch?

Dont laugh, since coming to HK I have developed both atheletes foot and jock itch. Do play a lot of sports but never had these problems. Must be the moist heat. I fixed the atheletes foot problem by keeping my feet dry and using an OTC spary. Cannot find any OTC from Mannngs for jock itch using an OTC med like Micatin or Tinactin and there is one called Lotrimin. Which store? It gets really itchy. I really need it.

Last edited by TheAsianCentury; 26-10-2006 at 10:38 PM.

haha reminds me when I dealt with a client who caught penile warts from his hands when I worked in life assurance.

Ummm just a thought you don't pick your toenails then scratch your groin without washing your hands first do you?

check Fanda near World Wide House. I'm sure you could find something to help there.

Jock itch... I had no idea what this was, and I had to look it up.

So, there IS one more word for IT!

Jock itch, also known as tinea cruris, is a fungal infection of the skin in the groin. The warm, moist environment is the perfect place for the fungus to grow. Anything that enhances that environment puts the person at risk of getting jock itch. Therefore, wearing sweaty, wet clothing in the summer time or wearing several layers of clothing in the wintertime causes an increased incidence of jock itch.

I guess the cure is to open you zip fly?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:

Ummm just a thought you don't pick your toenails then scratch your groin without washing your hands first do you?
    oh jimbo, THAT'S TERRIBLE! hahahaha. this poor guy! i have not experienced it, but what about regular powder? That is what i use when i get rashes on my upper arm. it is supposed to keep the moisture away from the skin, no?

Boxer shorts help.

You might want to check with a dermatologist, e.g.

Adrian Fung
    Room 2115
    East Point Centre
    555 Hennessy Road
    Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
    Telephone: 2882 0123
    Fax: 2882 0121
    Pager: 7288 7653
    http://www.hkdoctors.org/english/docsearch2.asp?id=1925

Or those local pharmacies (not mannings). Tell the old guy behind the counter (he most likely speaks English) what you have and need (powder, or cream, or spray). They might have it.

I found here some cream against athletes foot that worked far better than anything from home.

IT'S VERY SIMPLE. JUST USE "VASELINE PETROLEUM JELLY". IT'S VERY EFFECTIVE AND VERY CHEAP (around $30). I used to be in your situation before but when i use petroleum jelly it was really worked. The foot odour gone, the itching gone, the rashes gone and my feet look great and smooth. All you need to do is after you wash your feet apply the petroleum jelly to your entire feet (for first time apply a bit more jelly) and wear socks and do this nightly or as often as you want. Try this for one month. Good luck!

Beth

Er, jock itch isn't on your feet! (And the OP said he'd fixed that.)

As someone said, go to Fanda in Worldwide house (or pretty much any local pharmacy) and ask for EVACORT cream. It's a combination anti-biotic, anti-fungal, anti-histamine, anti-inflammatory cream. About $50 for a 15gm tube.