Looking for a good dermatologist in Central....

Closed Thread

Itchy scalp madness.....Pls help

I'm getting mad by this scalp itching. Everytime i wash my hair, after an hour or so, it starts itching again.There are tiny flakes in the scalp and its really annoying.Tried various shampoos recommended by pharmacists and friends ,like- salson blue, Nizoral,Oatmeal shampoo....etc. Often, i get itchy all over my hand. I'm tired changing medications and shampoo.

Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of my itchy scalp???? or know any good dermatologist in Central area????

Last edited by zubin; 04-12-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Great Ocean Road Anglesea Victoria Australia

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by zubin:
    I'm getting mad by this scalp itching. Everytime i wash my hair, after an hour or so, it starts itching again.There are tiny flakes in the scalp and its really annoying.Tried various shampoos recommended by pharmacists and friends ,like- salson blue, Nizoral,Oatmeal shampoo....etc. Often, i get itchy all over my hand. I'm tired changing medications and shampoo.

Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of my itchy scalp???? or know any good dermatologist in Central area????
    Try pure olive oil soap with no synthetic additives .

Quote Originally Posted by sasha101:
    Try pure olive oil soap with no synthetic additives .
    I had the same problem- started over a month now- went to the doctor who said I had an allergy to the perm products that I did a few months ago- the dandruff initally were massive flakes, then after a few weeks became small flakes, but still itchy- he basically said to use medicated shampoo for dandruff- tried it and doesn't work for me, made my scalp even drier- finally used a shampoo that i brought from a shop in TST for allergic scalps- the scalp is still slightly itchy, but way better than before and at least its not red anymore- not sure if thats of any help to you