Like Tree10Likes

Help! In need of Sleeping Pills

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    Mate, sleeping pills???? For two months sleep??? Come on, I'm an insomniac, and when I came here two ago, my sleep was a mess, complete with bad cold that kept me up most of the night. Try the various 'herbal tea' bars jotted around HK. Or buy tea from a Chinese herbalist or pharmacy. It is much better for you as it is gentler on your system than conventional sleeping pills. Also it is cheaper and even though it may not always taste good, it works! [...]
    What you meant to say is that it works for you. But that of course, like so many other things, doesn't mean it works for everyone.
    bryant.english, ArKay and ycchai like this.

Quote Originally Posted by khszeto:
    Alert: insomnia is a red flag for some serious mental illness like depression/mania/schizophrenia and other organic medical illnesses.

Grab a GP with Dip in community of psychiatrics or healthcare gatekeeper you believe. World Health Organization (WHO) warned the whole world - the next endemic disease is mental illness when cardiovascular and oncological diseases are all cured
    well that's OK because we will all be long dead before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_dee:
    I'm in HK for 2 months and stupid of me, I didn't bring enough sleeping pills for the entire trip. Im running out soon and I'm wondering if anyone knows any pharmacies that may sell prescribed sleeping pills without a prescription needed. I have a pretty severe case of insomnia. Or would anyone suggest me going to see a doctor and asking them to prescribe? I don't prefer going to a doctor if I don't have to. Thank you in advance.
    I suggest that you go see a doctor in Hong Kong to get sleeping pills. I've been an insomniac for years (got better after I did an early retirement). Just tell the doctor you have this problem (it's actually quite common in HK). I once tried getting Xanax (even with prescription from overseas doctor) from pharmacies in HK but was told that I need to get from a clinic or hospital. There are many doctors in HK and if you are covered by work insurance, just go to one of the panel doctors. You can also try outpatient clinic from hospitals. I still get Xanax from HK Sanatorium Hospital.

Good luck to you. As a fellow insomniac (though somewhat "cured"), you have all my sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by khszeto:
    Alert: insomnia is a red flag for some serious mental illness like depression/mania/schizophrenia and other organic medical illnesses.
    Or. Maybe. It's just that some people aren't as good at sleeping as others.

Quote Originally Posted by Grass:
    What's sleep hygiene??
    Avoiding the wet patch?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    But it does not CURE insomnia, it just masks the symptoms for a while. Surely a cure would be better?
    Oh great! May I please have that "cure" for long-term insomnia?

Exercise, melatonin, tryptophan, warm milk, meditation, self hypnosis, sleep hygiene, lavender, counting bloody sheep...none of it's worked for me in my long years.

Quote Originally Posted by MyCsPiTTa:
    Oh great! May I please have that "cure" for long-term insomnia?

Exercise, melatonin, tryptophan, warm milk, meditation, self hypnosis, sleep hygiene, lavender, counting bloody sheep...none of it's worked for me in my long years.

Take a few shots maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

I know this thread is old, but if you want sleeping pill in HK just walk from pharmacy to the other in CWB, Wanchai, TST, etc and ask for zopiclone until one sells you some. Fanda in Centrla, as other have mentioned, is a good place to start.

For the record, I have been self medicating with zopiclone for almost the last 10 years, only taking half a pill a couple of times a week when I really need to catch up on missed sleep. I've never had any addiction, tolerance, morning drowsiness or other side effects, and always wake up far more refreshed than a usual night spent in bed without it. Mind you, the point to note is I'm very disciplined to only use a small dose no more than a couple of times a week - even if that means suffering a few sleepless nights.

I just finished a bottle of Valerian root pills for sleep. This is a natural homeopathic(I can't believe I just said that) medicine that works great.

I can sleep later, sleep less, and still wake up earlier but refreshed.

I am looking for some on the Kowloon side if anybody has seen it.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHK39:
    I just finished a bottle of Valerian root pills for sleep. This is a natural homeopathic(I can't believe I just said that) medicine that works great.
    I don't think that Valerian root is homeopathic. i.e. it actually contains some kind of herb, vs homeopathic, which has zero active ingredient in it.

BTW, @MyCsPiTTa, way to necropost.
    ray98 and MyCsPiTTa like this.