Like Tree10Likes

Help! In need of Sleeping Pills

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Help! In need of Sleeping Pills

I'm in HK for 2 months and stupid of me, I didn't bring enough sleeping pills for the entire trip. Im running out soon and I'm wondering if anyone knows any pharmacies that may sell prescribed sleeping pills without a prescription needed. I have a pretty severe case of insomnia. Or would anyone suggest me going to see a doctor and asking them to prescribe? I don't prefer going to a doctor if I don't have to. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by miss_dee; 07-12-2010 at 01:19 AM.

I see your insomnia kicking in

Jokes aside, I doubt any local pharmacy (even the local dodgy ones) will sell you sleeping pills without prescription, not so much that it is against the law but they are fearful that they will be responsible for someone's suicide attempt. I strongly suggest you go to a doctor for prescription. I guess its painful process to justify to the doctor that you REALLY need that prescription. But you could see if your doctor from home could scan&email you a prescription, which I believe the local pharmacy will be willing to honor

miss_dee likes this.

Haha yes my insomnia is definitely kicking in cause I only got 3 tablets left so I didn't take any tonight. I knew local pharmacies wouldn't sell it to me!!! And my family doctor from Canada is also on holidays somewhere. Now my only option is going to see a random doctor and hopefully convince him to prescribe me with sleeping pills. Probably gotta make up a bs story and hopefully he will buy it haha. Thanks!

I have no idea how to get there and where to begin! you wanna take me? haha jk... i wish i can go. thanks for the suggestion... ill keep it in mind hong kong foot!

Would melatonin work for you? Readily available here without prescription.
    Posted via Mobile Device

You can get sleeping pills over the counter from Fanda in Central.

Sounds like you have had this insomnia for a long while - are you sure continuing to dose on pills is the answer? Have you tried exercise, relaxation or meditation? Or trying to deal with whatever it is that stresses you so much it keeps you awake? Melatonin is also good and somewhat more natural than sleeping pills.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_dee:
    Now my only option is going to see a random doctor and hopefully convince him to prescribe me with sleeping pills. Probably gotta make up a bs story and hopefully he will buy it haha. Thanks!
    Why would you have to "make up a bs story" to get something you've already been prescribed?

Bloody Hell What an assumption to make.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Sounds to me like what we have here is a drug addict who needs professional help.
    Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not sure about drug addict, although he does seem to be addicted to sleeping pills - which are drugs after all. But yes, I think in need of professional help too. Living off sleeping pills is not normal.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast