Like Tree5Likes

Buying Electronic Cigarettes in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

It all depends how you look at it.
    They come in all flavours, something not possible with cigarettes, so it is a good tool to get people started.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

In the face of contradictory evidence, the Food and Health Bureau are sticking to their guns for a ban later this year. Not like a HK government department is it?
    Personally, I'd give e-cigs a try for quitting purposes if a safe, guaranteed supply was available for the duration of my attempt.

E-cigarette ban still in the works despite new study | South China Morning Post

haven't been HK in a while so i wonder if it is ok to vape on the street ? Or do you get questioned if someone like a police officer sees you.

I think I saw a dedicated store in Sim City in Mongkok.

e ciggs are still illegal in hong kong

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    e ciggs are still illegal in hong kong
    Has the law changed, in the past normal ecigs without Nicotine was still legal, only nicotine containing ecigs were Illegal. there was a proposed ban on all ecigs but didnt know it had passed already.

So vaping is not tolerated it seems. Dont want to risk being questioned (or even worse) when having a cheeky vape when walking somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Has the law changed, in the past normal ecigs without Nicotine was still legal, only nicotine containing ecigs were Illegal. there was a proposed ban on all ecigs but didnt know it had passed already.
    i didnt know there was a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcell:
    So vaping is not tolerated it seems. Dont want to risk being questioned (or even worse) when having a cheeky vape when walking somewhere.
    I believe there is serious intent to ban all e-cigarettes in Hong Kong. As far as I'm aware currently the nicotine type is banned or rather there are no legally registered nicotine products for e-cigarettes in Hong Kong.

In addition the vapour is regarded as smoke so you can't vape where you can't smoke. Actually, rarely see vaping at all in HK, saw a lot in the UK over the summer.

ok thanks for the heads up. I am aware that it would not be smart to vape in places where smoking is prohibited. I would not do that.

I was just wondering if it's allright to vape in public (like on the streets) where smoking is also allowed.