Like Tree7Likes

Good orthodontist in HK

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

We have been seeing Dr Tsun Ma at Bailey in Jackson in Central. Lovely man very warm and gentle with kids. Never have to wait longer than a few minutes for appts. Procedures are explained thoroughly and you then receive a proper breakdown of costs and payment plans. We've only done pre orthodontic work so far. Braces will probably come on this summer. So not sure what the costs will be. We did see another Dr before Dr ma in Causeway Bay. Our dentist recommended him. He was super busy and no time management. We waited 1 hr for our appt. And xrays were taken in a rough manner my then 9 yr old was in tears. Realised I couldn't put my son n I thru this torture every month and we decided to search for another Dr.

Hi Rani, thank you for your kind sharing!
    My daughter is quite nervous and she insists to see a female orthodontist.... I will seek for more information from another parent in my daughter's school next week as I know her daughter goes to a female orthodontist at Manning House in Central.

Hi JessieLiew

My daughter was seeing Dr.Louise Wong at Pacific Orthodontists, TST for her orthodontic treatment. Dr.Wong is genuinely warm and excellent with kids. She also has wonderful staff at her clinic. Treatmentwise, we couldn't be happier.
    I would totally recommend Dr.Wong. I think she consults in Central too.

Hi Gauri,

Thank you for your reply and recommendation!

We've made an appointment for the 1st consultation with Dr. Fiona Leung in Central next week. Another parent in my daughter's school highly recommend Dr. Leung. She also told me that some other kids in daughter's school also go to her clinic. She said Dr. Leung is very gentle and not commercial. Reputation is very important to me as I really know nothing about braces at all....

I also read the previous posts that other people recommended Dr. Louise Wong some time ago, but our first priority is a female orthodontist in Central area. Again, thank you for your recommendation and we may go to visit Dr. Louise Wong if we feel uncomfortable with Dr. Leung.

Editor likes this.

Just an update for the parents who are looking for orthodontists for their kids, you can check out the link below that I found. I think many people may not know there are only 58 dentists who hold orthodontic qualifications in Hong Kong, but that many dentists in HK do not have professional qualification and they are still practising in orthodontic treatment for their patients.

I read some other comments from other forums and people complain that teeth still spur out after treatment, so I believe it's much better to find an orthodontist with professional qualification. There is a list of orthodontists in the website, you can check out this before making your decision.

HKSO - Orthodontics in Hong Kong

Before we went to Dr. Leung, I also confirmed that she is on list.

We had a pleasant visit at Dr. Leung's clinic last week, and now I understand why the other parent in my daughter recommends her. Before meeting Dr. Leung, the nurse explained almost everything very clear without my asking... for almost an hour (coz I have many many questions in my mind before). Dr. Leung is a very gentle lady as other parent told me and we feel very comfortable. We've scheduled another appointment 3 weeks later. For the environment, it's more like a boutique clinic and it's very new and clean.

rani likes this.

Hi! Can anyone help me please. I'm looking for the practice address for Dr louise Wong as i can't find it on the geoexpat list. I'm looking for an orthodontist for my 12 yr old son. Thank you!

Pacific Orthodontic Care - Hong Kong GeoBaby

@shumgab is this what you are looking for?

Thanks alot Shri!

I am looking for an orthodontist for braces next year.I did some research on braces treatment and followed the opinion from website/forum to have an orthodontic consultation. I have been seeing three orthodontists (Included Dr. Fiona Leung, Dr. Warren Cheng, and Dr. Daisy You). I decide to choose Dr. Leung for the orthodontic treatment.

The reason why I choose her is similar to other GeoExpat users.Her clinic is clean and comfortable. The nurse who handle my case, Miss Chung is polite and clearly provide professional information.Importantly, Dr. Leung is a gentle lady and willing to explain different options for my treatment.

For my case, I need to have overjet correction with self-ligating braces. Dr. Leung advise me to use 2-3 miniscrew to enhance the effect. The whole treatment fee is around 60K (Not Include tooth extraction and scaling).

It 's out of my budget actually and I would try my best to keep the cost down in different ways. Can anyone recommend an affordable dentist to me for tooth extraction and scaling? Also, It would be greatly appreciated if anyone helps me to get a referral for Dr. Leung.

Thank you very much!