Skin defence

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Skin defence

Dear all,

what do you do to defend your skin in HK?
    I read the thread about pollution and also know about awful humidity...

We are moving to HK in the end of April - beginning of May, so I want to be ready...

Thank you,
    TT

I find that my skin is perfectly capable of defending itself, with the occasional assistance of some soap.

~ add a little

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I find that my skin is perfectly capable of defending itself, with the occasional assistance of some soap.
    ~ add a little moisturizer and sunscreen

i find the extra humidity great for the misting hydration effect
    Last edited by WalkAbout; 03-04-2007 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkAbout:
    ~ add a little moisturizer and sunscreen

i find the extra humidity great for the misting hydration effect
    so basically you wouldn't do more than in any other country?
    what about cosmetologists? are there any good places to know?

As a top male model I get facials pretty often for upkeep
    [if you recognize my avatar you'll get the humor...]

in all seriousness i've found that my skin actually appreciates the extra humidity, but regular facials help exfoliate, firm and get rid of the pollution accumulation on my skin.
    the sun can get pretty evil in the summer (when it's not raining!) so it also helps to put on a light SPF protection for the commute to work if you walk outside at all.

if you have very sensitive skin like i do, very gentle daily cleansers will do the trick in between facials.
    i prefer the body shop aloe vera daily cleanser and exfoliator, and i use their aloe vera based daily moisturizer with spf 15 protection if i spend some time outside, since i burn really easily. if i spend a significant amount of time outside i switch to neutrogena non-greasy advanced spf (35 or above). i've tried many types of sunscreen and find that this is the most non-greasy.

learn the beauty of oil absorbing sheets. face tends to get pretty oily in the summer (or maybe it's just me).

Ah oil absorbing sheets - I have used them and they are soaked when I've given my face the once over. I reckon you could cook a family-sized meal with the oil I collect.

2nd floor (although it's billed as 3rd) in Jordan walkup

maybe this only works on the locals but fresh tap water applied liberally and often, and no other gunk, keeps the HK ladies in my life looking half their ages!

You will notice changes in your skin but much for the better. You will have plumped up skin all over but great on your wrists and face to make them look more youthful.

If you have oily skin then you will just have to adjust your cleansing/moisturing products.
    I go to a dermatologist to prevent problems, not to correct and my skin is in good shape.

The dermatologists all sell lines of skin care that are the same price or even less expensive than top brands.

Don't worry !

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast