Like Tree78Likes

Why is it so difficult to get rid of last few pounds :((((((((

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Why is it so difficult to get rid of last few pounds :((((((((

Through determination,hard work, and controlled diet, I managed to bring my weight down from 176 pounds to 145 pounds, now I just want to get rid of a last 6-7 extra pounds but nothing is working

Any suggestions? I am not asking for quick fix like go on diet, just liquid food etc. I want something healthier.

Helpful suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

What kind of Cardio do you do (if any)

Do you jog?

mercury_element likes this.

You may consider judging progress with your fitness levels instead of actual weight, maybe 145lb is 'your' ideal weight!

Any powered transport (e.g. Bus, lifts, escalators etc.) you can change to walking on a regular basis?

Good effort though!

Sounds like you've hit a plateau. Completely change your workout regime. I was jogging/running regularly (I ran 7-8 km 3 or 4 times a week) and got stuck on a certain weight. I switched to weight-training with a bit of cardio (cycling, elliptical machine etc) in between and suddenly the weight started coming off again.

you need to slow down on your chaapati eating habits.

145 for what size?

I agree with Satay Sue

The human body naturally adapts to different circumstances.

The first time you run 10km (for example) you may burn 500 calories. The next few times your body will adapt itself to long distance running and burn progressively less calories.

Plateaus are common situations in weight loss. The important thing is, if you want to be healthy, it's important to maintain the diet/exercise lifestyle long term. Try surprising your muscles with different types of exercises: weight training, sports, cardio classes, isometric exercises, whatever you haven't done in awhile. It also wouldn't hurt to learn new exercises your body isn't used to from trainers or other gym goers.

Whereabouts do you workout? I've recently started trying to cut weight as well. A month and a half in and I've managed to cut 11 lbs so far. I'm also starting to experience a plateau.

Quote Originally Posted by bak875:
    What kind of Cardio do you do (if any)

Do you jog?
    Mostly Jogging and brisk Walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    You may consider judging progress with your fitness levels instead of actual weight, maybe 145lb is 'your' ideal weight!

Any powered transport (e.g. Bus, lifts, escalators etc.) you can change to walking on a regular basis?

Good effort though!
    I am mostly walking, sometimes by choice, sometimes because I dont have choice.
    I can still see fats on my body, so I dont think it is my ideal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Sounds like you've hit a plateau. Completely change your workout regime. I was jogging/running regularly (I ran 7-8 km 3 or 4 times a week) and got stuck on a certain weight. I switched to weight-training with a bit of cardio (cycling, elliptical machine etc) in between and suddenly the weight started coming off again.
    I changed my exercise recently, still nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    you need to slow down on your chaapati eating habits.
    Damn it!!!

(on a serious note, i dont eat much)

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    145 for what size?
    Sorry, dint get it.

try cycling

mercury_element and Rosrit like this.

what's that in kg and what's your body height ?
    easiest is to cut down on meat

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast