some allergy causing repeated fever. help please

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Before jumping into the conclusion that it is due to pollution, perhaps you should think of excluding other causes eg chronic tonsillitis which may or may not need antibiotic treatment.

Wouldn't the several doctors have diagnosed that if that was the problem though?

Depends: seeing several doctors each time may or may not be better than seeing one doctor - sometimes continuity and getting to know the patient and situation is more important than different opinions.

Also occasionally it could take a specific investigation to diagnose the condition. For example, a recurrent sore throat / nasal congestion could be caused by a growth in the nose or throat that cannot be diagnosed unless a scope is done. Of course this is just an example........

How is seeing several doctors not better than seeing one? While I agree that continuity can be better, if none of them are coming to a conclusion then surely it can't be a growth? Or tonsillitis (which is easily diagnosed). May I ask why don't you think it could be pollution-related?

I feel your pain.

I came to Hong Kong from Canada last June, so it's been a year, and I've been constantly sick. I'm the type of person that might go to the doctor every five years but now Im there five times a year.

It started with an extreme sinus infection (first time ever). At one point i completely lost my hearing for about a week. Coughing up blood, high fever (never get fevers), the sickest Ive ever been in my life. After that every two months the sneezing comes back, then it eventually turns into a fever again.

The last time I went to the doctor I asked emphatically what can i do, what is it, allergies? She laughed, and said "more like pollution".

I was a 29 year old athletic guy now i just feel spent. Im only staying here now because i have two kids under three , and my wife has to finish her contract. I've really gotten depressed, and angry about it.

Last edited by isopheus; 25-05-2011 at 05:38 PM.