Like Tree11Likes

Ear & Nose Block on Higher floor

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Post Deleted
    The OP said nothing about rate of change of pressure - which is completely different subject. He just said "living" on his level was causing his problem. You can presume what you like about what causes it, but "living" on a high floor in HK is unlikely to be the cause.

Original Post Deleted
    A quick drive up our down the Peak and you'll notice your ears for sure. I think the OP means the condition is sustained.

I have developed the same problem this summer. The doctor said he has many other patients with similar complaints. He mentioned and I believe that it is because of increased air pollution combined with humidity in HK. He gave me a spray which unblocked the nose for a while. Now it comes and goes depending on weather and air...

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph098765:
    I have a nose block problem and I have posted it in other thread. But I suddenly found that it can be a problem related to the height also.

I am living on 22nd Floor and I found most of the time when I am at Home - my nose is blocked.

My friend is living on 37th floor and he has similar problem for ear block.

I heard him saying that above 15th floor there can be problem, any thoughts / suggestion ??

If you have the problem only at home, it may be due to allergic reactions to some of the pollutants in your home. It can be several reasons. Pet hairs, dust, bed sheets etc. Do more vacuum cleaning and wash your bed sheets more frequent. See whether it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph098765:
    I have a nose block problem and I have posted it in other thread. But I suddenly found that it can be a problem related to the height also.

I am living on 22nd Floor and I found most of the time when I am at Home - my nose is blocked.

My friend is living on 37th floor and he has similar problem for ear block.

I heard him saying that above 15th floor there can be problem, any thoughts / suggestion ??

Try using an ear bud and if that does not work try a session of ear candleing. Hope this is useful.