Like Tree7Likes

bloating has ruined my normal life...i need help....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question bloating has ruined my normal life...i need help....

HI everyone....

from last 3 months i worked my ass off and managed to lose a decent weight of 1 to 1.5 lbs weekly through proper exercise and control food portion....but i am still 20 pounds away from my ideal weight.....the only that is demotivating me is... i have been suffering with the bloating problem from last 2 years...it comes and disappears and comes back again..at first i though it was due to my monthly cycle ...but as m writing this m far away from my cycle yet suffering from miserable bloat....if anyone knows any doctor i could see for my bloating problem i would be very thankful...as i am only working part time i dont have a lot of money to pay an expensive doctor..

m a female in her mid 20's ...and very reluctant to go visit a doctor randomly cause i am not orignally from HK and dont know how to speak cantonese...plus does digestive enzymes help?????

Quote Originally Posted by apss:
    m a female in her mid 20's ...and very reluctant to go visit a doctor randomly cause i am not orignally from HK and dont know how to speak cantonese...plus does digestive enzymes help?????
    I cant help you with the bloat but I can say that I've never met a Doctor in Hong Kong that did not speak English. If you are really worried about language (you should not be) then go to a foreign doctor.

HC

have u consulted a dietian? u should write a food diary and experiment with cutting certain food out like diary products.

thank you tiger sun....that "congratulations" kind of took my mind off this horrible bloating ...its not about medicines for dieting or losing weight...its for my bloating...most probably i have a digestive problem due to my horrible eating and gaining weight and then starving myself/over exercising to lose weight in the past....

the one thing that is even more confusing is i don't drink tea...coffee ..milk ....only rarely like once a mnth or so..or even smoke for that matter
    could it possibly be my 2 glasses of wine and half of time out chocolate on friday nights???....diEtician i can't ...truly i wont be able to afford it...may be I COULD VISIT an affordable GP....

chocolate is a diary product. maybe cut them out for a week to see if its the trigger point.

Sounds to me like you need a psychiatrist more than anything...

bibbju, HongKongFoot and kktjia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Sounds to me like you need a psychiatrist more than anything...
    Why on earth would you say that? Bloat is both common and painful. To the OP, like Howard I have never met a doctor here who did not speak perfect or near perfect English so really don't worry about that.

Try to find this product, Gas-X or the equivalent. The active ingredient is Simethicone.

Last edited by huja; 13-06-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Maybe I'd misunderstood, but in the context of female monthly cycles, in my experience, "bloating" normally refers to water retention, not gas.

Last edited by PDLM; 13-06-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast