Like Tree71Likes

public clinics suck arse

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    I'm uncertain, but I think you can wait in line for first-come-first-serve tickets in public hospital and get the service in the same day. Can anyone confirm this?

My brother tried to get an appointment to see his doctor in the UK and was told the next appointment was in 3 weeks. He went to A and E.

Original Post Deleted
    Really? That's your only criteria for a good clinic? Mine would include things like being confident that needles were sterile and not reused, "doctors" had a good level of education, drugs are likely to be genuine, and so on.
    HongKongFoot and chingleutsch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Really? That's your only criteria for a good clinic? Mine would include things like being confident that needles were sterile and not reused, "doctors" had a good level of education, drugs are likely to be genuine, and so on.
    You're just fussy

I've heard buses in mainland are better too, as you don't need to wait in line to get on. its terrible here in HK. sometimes i wait for 3 or 4 buses before i can get on because i got to the station late. this is not fair. HK is terrible place. I am so red in the face!!!!

hullexile, virago and bookblogger like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Did it ever occur to you that it is because the public health system in HK is overwhelmed by people like you who can clearly afford to go private but choose not to and then be completely ungrateful about it, PLUS your fellow countrymen (mainly pregnant women and their offsprings) who come and use up all the public health resources, bi*ch about it the way you do (I have heard a mainland woman screaming at some poor HK doctor at a public hospital for not speaking "proper" Mandarin to her), sometimes f*ck back off to the mainland without paying (it's all in the news, go search for it if you want to dispute this)?

The latest trend is for parents who are both mainlanders to come to HK and get free check-ups, vaccinations and medications for their sprogs for years on end (same as what local HK children are entitled to), without ever paying a single cent into the public coffers. And you wonder why you had to wait in queue to be seen by a public doctor.

Ask your English husband how the public system is like back in Blighty and maybe you'll appreciate the HK system just a bit more.
    Last edited by ScotchDrinker; 18-08-2011 at 02:00 PM.
    Dreadnought, emx, Gatts and 2 others like this.

If you hate the public clinics so much, haul yourself off to a private one and leave the public clinics to those that actually need and appreciate the services that they offer. No one's forcing you to use a public clinic, so you have absolutely no right to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconBreadBaker:
    I've heard buses in mainland are better too, as you don't need to wait in line to get on. its terrible here in HK. sometimes i wait for 3 or 4 buses before i can get on because i got to the station late. this is not fair. HK is terrible place. I am so red in the face!!!!
    LOL, in this aspect, I will feel HK is a terrible city coz' ppl will be waiting in line.

In mainland, certainly no one is waiting in line no matter there has or has not. It's not difficult to see the mainlander bring this great habit to HK when they jump in queue or just pushing to get thro' at train, buses, shops... everywhere!

you should thank god on your knees that they accept phone reservations, some don't.
    For the fee they demand I feel I have made a good deal, my last health insurance quote was HK $ 25,000 for a year

Original Post Deleted
    im with you my fellow crimson guard. public hospitals should have 2 lines...one for people who are poor, and one for people like me who dont want to wait. and they should have special numbers to call if there is an emergency like i had. until they fix these things, mainland hospitals will always remain as the worlds greatest place to get surgery done.
    bookblogger likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast