Like Tree31Likes

Going to do a colonscopy, really scared stiff

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Hey, that could be due to anything, even a hard stool scraping your insides on the way down. Please, I know it's difficult, try to be patient and wait for Doc's analysis - not what people on an internet forum might say.
    You are totally right. That is what my logical side is telling me. But my emotional side is going haywire. I am struggling just to keep cool right now.

I had this done in Eastern Hospital, down the mouth and up the backside (different equipment off course ) it was very fast, both lasted less than a few minutes, I wasnt even knocked out, down the mouth was a bit uncomfortable though.

The results are in and the good news is that I don't have cancer (Thank God!), A huge relief from the stress and tension building up over the last few days. I will from now on pay more attention to my diet and excercise to maintain a healthy and productive life.

bak875, luckycat, emmie and 8 others like this.

Good news. Thanks for letting us know.

Well done, fella.

What's that I hear you say? Open bar for the geoexpatters who supported you paid by you? Go on then!

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    The results are in and the good news is that I don't have cancer (Thank God!), A huge relief from the stress and tension building up over the last few days. I will from now on pay more attention to my diet and excercise to maintain a healthy and productive life.
    What do they put this down to then? Diet, lifestyle? Ulcers? Stress? All these things can be factors.

As to HongkongFoot in mouth's crap about this being a sexual adventure it is crap like that keeps many men like him who are homophobic it seems from getting routine procedures like this done. I have heard many say they fear this and the reality is that the fear should really come from thinking like the idiot HKF.

Good to hear - Watercooler.

(And your thread's prompted me to book an appointment for my three-year routine cervical smear test at my local Family Health Service (MCHC) centre.)

Quote Originally Posted by emmie:
    Good to hear - Watercooler.

(And your thread's prompted me to book an appointment for my three-year routine cervical smear test at my local Family Health Service (MCHC) centre.)
    My Mrs had her smear done last week (or the week before - I forget now) and said it was the least unpleasant test she has had. The more we use public clinics, the more we are impressed.

Why is it that the perception (by both locals and expats) of the public health system is so bad?

I had one recently, it was $160 from the family planning clinic, pretty good, no appointment needed either just walked in.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    My Mrs had her smear done last week (or the week before - I forget now) and said it was the least unpleasant test she has had. The more we use public clinics, the more we are impressed.

Why is it that the perception (by both locals and expats) of the public health system is so bad?
    The only complaints I have ever heard about public facilities are silly things like how the waiting room looks, the nurses 'outdated' outfits and the 'calibre' of the other patients as in they look poor! Well their loss, my gain!