Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By penguinsix

Air Purifier Help

Closed Thread

Air Purifier Help

Hi All,

So far my third week in HK and my nose has been stuffed for two weeks. =(
    Back in New York, I used Austin Healthmate Junior and it worked great but unfortunately they don't make a model for Hong Kong.

Does anyone have any suggestions of hepa air filters and where to buy? Price matters but not too much as health > money.

Just tired of sneezing and having a stuffed/runny nose in the summer.

Thanks!

Go to Watsons or Mannings and get NT 24hr Allergy tablets. They work well for me.

If you've only just arrived then you are adapting to the pollution here. No point in trying to filter it out, just grin and bear it and most people adapt within a few weeks and it doesn't bother them too much after that.

We got a Phillips from WingOn. Works great. Make sure you get a de-humidifier as well.

Hey have you bought it yet? I am looking to buy one, do you have any information? If so, could you please share with me? Just moved into this place at Kennedy town but can't stand the air...

A good review site written by an obsessive: Air Purifier Reviews and Purification Technology Reports

Sharps are available at just about every department store in HK. The standard models cost just under 3K.

IQAirs are available in the Man Yee Building in Central (but cost an arm and a leg).

I have three Alen filters in our house. They're pretty highly rated (on par with IQAir) but considerably cheaper, though still more than the generic ones you find in Fortress. They have a facility here in Hong Kong so shipping is same day or next day, usually.

Alen Corp Asia

nobby15 likes this.

We also use AlenAir and really like it. Price is less than half og IQAir and they have superb after-sales service as well.