Blood test for delayed onset allergies

Closed Thread

Question Blood test for delayed onset allergies

Hey,

Planning for a blood test to find out what cause my eczema & chronic stomach problem. Can anyone recommend a place for such tests??

Thank

i know there is a place called hkbiotek doing aller-food check. it's not a clinic, more like a wellness centre. you can also order a test from your doctor. i know some of the doctors at ot&p and quality healthcare are also carrying this test (my fds took the test, & the price is more or less the same).

i have ordered a test for myself and my 2-yr-old girl at their centre. the experience was positive. staff was nice and professional, seems experienced in handling cases of children or infants. funny that they have shown a shuan the sheep video to my girl during the sampling (which is a finger prick). hope the info is helpful

A colleague of mine had this when she moved to Hong Kong. Have you just moved here? She went through huge numbers of doctors, they diagnosed heaps of new allergies, she was unable to eat practically anything. Got sicker and sicker. Ultimately, she just decided she was allergic to HK and went home, whereupon all the allergies vanished and she's now well again. I think the pollution here was a LARGE part of the problem. If this sounds like you LEAVE. Seriously. She was so sick by the time she left, all she could say was "I wish I left sooner". And she really wanted to be here and loves the place. But it was killing her.

goodybabe: thx for ur info!
    MovingIn07: ohhhh...sad to know your colleague was indeed allergic to HK. hope this is not my case...