Chiropractor recommendations?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    photchan

Chiropractor recommendations?

Hi,

Something 'cracked' this morning when getting up out of bed at the base of my neck and as a result, can't tilt my head all the way bad coz of sharp pain.

I figure i need to see a chiropractor.

Does anyone have any personal recommendations together with info on the cost per session? Can be anywhere in HK.

Thanks for your help!

Dr Decker @
    The Chiropractic Centre
    601 Baskerville House
    13 Duddell Street
    Central
    Hong Kong
    Tel: +852 2973 0353
    Fax: +852 2877 5756
    [email protected]
    Mine was a yearly plan but i tink its around 400(plus?) per session (treatment).. could be less.

Last edited by c00kie; 12-12-2007 at 10:45 AM. Reason: lol this post is ancient, i didnt check the date lol

Thomas Fan at Gaia: http://www.gaiatherapy.com.hk/

He's good. UK trained.

Hi There.

Try 'Stretch'....they are on the island at the junction of Hollywood Road and Wyndham Street.....think the building is called wyndham house.....they are brilliant and dont use any ultrasound....they use the body's own muscles to get you better.

Owned by a UK guy but has guys and gals from all over.

Hope you get better soon
    Shaun

StretchAsia

StretchAsia is very good indeed, next week I will do my last of a 10-session programme to increase flexibility and core strength. My 'stretcher' is Lee Lee, who is VERY good at what he does.

Stretch Limited
    4/F Winsome house,
    73 Wyndham street, Central
    Tel: (852) 2167 8686

Cheers.

Siegfried.

Bruce Vaughan at Bruce Vaughan and Associates.

He's taken care of me and my family (parents, siblings, husband) and friends for decades. He has magic hands!

Bruce Vaughan Chiropractic

He charges, I recall, $600 a visit.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by c00kie:
    Dr Decker @
    The Chiropractic Centre
    601 Baskerville House
    13 Duddell Street
    Central
    Hong Kong
    Tel: +852 2973 0353
    Fax: +852 2877 5756
    [email protected]
    Mine was a yearly plan but i tink its around 400(plus?) per session (treatment).. could be less.
    I know it's an old thread that was popped up again, but I would like to comment on the recommendation of Dr. Decker:
    I have been in his 'care' for 5 months last year (had to pre-pay for a whole year) and consider him a money grabbing charlatan!
    - he does not talk to his patients, if you want to talk to him you have to book (and pay) a private session
    - for adjustments he treats 3 people at the same time - all lined up like cattle next to each other on stretchers - you basically don't even get 1 minute of his attention, all for HK$ 450.- per appointment
    - during adjustments he just looks at your x-rays and does not consider your day to day well being at all, for any issues you have to book a private session
    - he lectures you in 'workshops' and pushes you to refer friends and family with scare tactics
    - I find him dogmatic and lacking any kind of compassion
    - when you see him for acute pain he asks you to go to someone else or tries to sell you homeopathic pain killers
    I was lucky to leave his 'care' and to get a refund (sort of) and have seen another chiropractor since who was really able to help me and to get rid of my back pain.
    Her name: Heidi Petrick, Tel:22349668

Does anyone recommend the best Chinese chiropractor? There is something slightly off with my spine near my neck and need it fixed but can't afford to go to bad one since its close to the nerve.

Dr. Vaughan has a chinese associate at his practice.

Chiros

If you have been seeing a chiro for years he hasn't helped you. Have you thought about an osteopath? They usually say if they cant fix you in 3 or 4 sessions they wont be able to, chiro's usually try for 10s or 100s of sessions. I recommend Leone Booth but have also heard Phillip at Balance Health is good. Some of the stretch places are great but Stretch Asia seems to have very high staff turnover so you may get a trainee. Joseph Pallo is a very good AIS stretch mechanic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast