Like Tree30Likes

Physiotherapist vs chiropractor

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

I believe it has been mentioned before but perhaps I should stress again: back pain is a symptom, not a diagnosis. Back pain can because of primary tumours, cancers that have spread (and the first symptom is back pain), as well as simple things like slipped discs or muscle spasm. Its quite important to find a cause (or at least exclude certain causes) of back pain before embarking on symptomatic therapy.

Yes I agree with you jeanlim. Since my first message, I have seen an osteopath, a physio, a rhumatologist, two other physios, did blood tests and sonograms. I am still in pain. Diagnosis is muscular though. I have a long term (4 years) upper back pain spot that I can feel some relief for a couple of hours after massages and bones cracking, another one in lower back which is also persistent, and finally some recent (1 year) burnings in the neck/upper back when I feel particularly tense. I am doing stretching everyday but I see no difference. What can I do to relax my back muscles?

Quote Originally Posted by jmq:
    Hi,
    May i know where i can find your physio? I had that experience too.
    thx.
    I went to sports & spinal in central, 50 Wellington street.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    I went to sports & spinal in central, 50 Wellington street.
    Very good and honest staff, no unneeded treatments offered.

Quote Originally Posted by temajie:
    Hi there,
    I have back and neck pain and I would like to see someone efficient to get rid of them. I tried a physiotherapist yesterday and was very disappointed: he did not do any physical treatment on me as I was expecting, just plugged me on some electrical device that pinched my back then used hot pads and that was it. I am wondering if this doctor is just bad or if I am actually expecting more than what physiotherapy actually is. Should I go and see a chiropractor instead? The thing is that my medical insurance do not cover chiropractor sessions I think. But I still may want to try though. Any other idea to make my muscle relax and relieve me from back aches (yoga, stretching, massages...)?
    Thank you.
    By the way, I live on Kowloon side so I would appreciate recommendations of physiotherapist, chiropractor, massages etc. in Kowloon please.
    Thanks again.
    My preference would be for a medical diagnosis and a good physio with a track record of getting people back to normal as quickly as possible. You need a recommendation for one who has such a record with patients.

At home the best are those who specialize in treating athletes and the ones who get them back to peak performance quickly. Of course these practices are very busy so they don't need you personally to get over treated and not better as they built their business on getting people back fast and stronger so it does not happen again.

That physio if good should be telling you what you must do.

This fellow has treated my colleague and spoke at one of our events for clients. He was very well received as a speaker and he had with him some very satisfied clients who had struggled with back issues. He also had the guy from a gym he works with there who was demoing some stuff for the audience. His message was more on work/life balance but he sure got our audience pumped.

I have no idea about his treatment protocols or record other than our COO who was happy but to me with a lot of experience back home with my athletes being treated this business partner of mine has little idea about what is outstanding with a physio.

Josiah Au YEUNG, ND, DO, CertGlobalPosturology

Room 1404, 14Floor, Chinachem Tower, 34-37 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong (entrance at Pottinger Street)

Tel: +852 2521 2111 Fax: +852 2521 2660,
    Mobile: +852 9126 6266.

e-mail: [email protected]

www.healthempire.ecomm.hk

Again, I have not used this person but emailed my physio from Vancouver who told me of someone here who he regards highly as a physio and he sent this:

Mr. Lau Siu On
    Rm1508 Hollywood Plaza
    610 Nathan Rd, Mong Kok,
    Kowloon, HK

Phone: 2111 2880

I know that I had been told before that this is an English speaker.

Hi there ,

I saw your post regarding Dr Liu and I was wondering if you would be available to come with me to see Dr Liu . I suffer from degenerative Scoliosis and my back hurts after approx. 15 mins of walking . if you are available please contact me on 6172 2531 . My name is Angela

I think there is no quick fix to neck and shoulder problems. The electric pads could work and I see that they apply it in Chinese medicine as well. However, it takes many sessions to see improvement. Chiropractic treatment gives you relieve faster, but it can't really solve your problem in the long term. Too much cracking would actually damage your joints and muscle tissue. I believe that the long-term solution would be to eat properly, push yourself to exercise more and sleep well.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5