Insect bite in Discovery Bay

Closed Thread

Insect bite in Discovery Bay

Help!
    We just moved to Discovery Bay for less than a week. I notice that I have several of this itchy insect bites all over my leg. They are really itchy and become red and a bit hard afterwards. I am 22 weeks pregnant and quite concern about using any medication that might harm my baby. But at the same time the itchyness is pretty strong and I can not help but to scratch away all day long. I went to buy Mopiko Ointment from Watson today which I can not resist applying it on my spots immediately. Now I'm getting a bit worried now if it will ham the baby. I read the label and it doesn't say anything about pregnant woman should not use or anything like that.
    Do yoou have any experience with this cream during your pregnancy? What do you use to stop this horrible itch?

You were probably stung by midges, tiny small insects that are sometimes called sandflies but are not.
    Do not use Mopiko when you are pregnant as it contains camphor which crosses into the placenta and has a whole range of adverse effects including fetal and neonatal death. Consult a doctor who will prescribe appropriate anti-histamine tablets and cream.

I tried the Mosquito-bite cream from Watson's but it didn't work; the bites I have on my fingers and toes are definitely not mosquito bites; they are a series of very small dots close together, which cause the skin to harden in that location; the itching is very annoying! I have hoped they would go away by themselves but so far without success. I am thinking of consulting a doctor at the DB clinic although I have not done it yet because I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing I should bother them with.

Oh my god!

I just ran to the bathroom to wash out the ointment I applied earlier. I hope the bayby is still ok.
    Any recommendation for doctor in DB and cst implication?

don't worry, if you've just started to use this cream there should be no problem at all for your baby! I looked up the cream my GP gave me, but it says it's not recommended for pregnant women either, you should try and find any GP or call your OBGYN...

Link for the clinic

Hey... try to click into below link and make an appointment.
    http://www.discoverybay.com.hk/en/tel/tel_medical.htm

The doctors in DB will give you some cream to relief the pain and discomfort.... but honestly.... nothing really can help to prevent to get the bites....I have been suffering since the summer began....

Quote Originally Posted by adahc:
    I just ran to the bathroom to wash out the ointment I applied earlier. I hope the bayby is still ok.
    Any recommendation for doctor in DB and cst implication?

I've been trying a vitamin B6 preventive treatment. It's not been proven scientifically but I've been told if you take your vitamin B every day it changes the smell of your skin (for insects).

hi i have a problem about my eye skin near on under eyebrow its a bumb thing i dont know what it is. but i seen some people have like this. its annoying me because its ugly. its spreading, and im scared. i want to get rid of it. please help me, i dont know where to go.i want to get rid of this.

Quote Originally Posted by girbaud9518:
    hi i have a problem about my eye skin near on under eyebrow its a bumb thing i dont know what it is. but i seen some people have like this. its annoying me because its ugly. its spreading, and im scared. i want to get rid of it. please help me, i dont know where to go.i want to get rid of this.
    Get your parents to take you to a doctor.